Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Couldnt stop laughing at the comments:

Keep an eye out for his next internet blockbuster, What I Did On My Holidays, by Matthew Robson (Aged 15 years and 9 months), featuring incredibly perceptive, insightful descriptions of some farm animals ("I liked the sheep. It was all woolly and nice, and I fed it") and a touchingly heartfelt account of that time when Archie McBoob threw all his marbles in the river ("I was really angry and sad because I liked my marbles and Archie McBoob threw them all in the river").
    This boy talks crap:

PC gaming has little or no place in the teenage market. This may be because usually games are released across all platforms, and whilst one can be sure a game will play on a console PC games require expensive set ups to ensure a game will play smoothly. In addition, PC games are relatively easy to pirate and download for free, so many teenagers would do this rather than buy a game. In contrast, it is near impossible to obtain a console game for free.
    1. He contradicted himself saying PC gaming has no place in the teenage market then says teenagers pirate PC games.
    2. PC gaming DOES have a place. Many of my friends game on PC, althout console is more popular amongst teenagers admittedly.
    3. Near impossible to obtain console games for free? Ive been pirating console games since I was 10 on my self-chipped console.

His "amazing" advice is a load of ********.

ReputationRep:
    My old enemy reems23

ReputationRep:
    Banking and Finance analysis = Massive blagfest. <--- So say the laymen.

Yeah, it's that easy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Some of the comments at the bottom of the article on the times website are really spiteful. I don't know why people are so keen on insulting him, of course it will be a report that is limited in scope and accuracy- he wrote it in a day! How it reached the papers I'll never know...

ReputationRep:
    Not really representative of me, parts are though.

ReputationRep:
    That isn't impressive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    That's news to my ears.
    I'm so confused!!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I closed the article after his comment on Stephen Fry.

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    I'm so confused!!!!! :woo:
    I'm only messin' with you.

Chill ya beanz.

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    :emo: Will you help take me? My hip hurts you see...
    Only if i get free cookiez :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I would say that he is a regular kid...
    I would say "come back when you understand quantum physics"

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be suprised if Darling has this article as a poster in his office ..staring at it in awe ....

ReputationRep:
    He's hit the nail on the head. All of it is true; however there is reason that this information doesn't filter through to the 'adults' in the world and that is, I feel, because as you hit late teens/early twenties you start to forget the little things that happened as a teenager. Just today I saw 4 kids each take 20p into the local corner shop to buy a pick n mix and thought "What a waste of time!", but thinking back, I used to copper up for the sake of 5 fruit salads.

Thinking now, it doesn't matter anyway, there's no point in changing the marketing methods because the people who's views are represented in the above article have no money to buy anything anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    CD sales have plummeted. They are obsolete. Are you going to blame pirates for the decrease in cassette tape sales?..no. The music industry needs to innovate and until it does, I'm all for file-sharing. Show me a DRM free, subscription based download service with every song I want, then we can talk.
    You seem content at arguing the irrelalitive, illegal downloads from Bit Torrents are causing the industry to contract, there is no way you can deny that its happening. People are never going to turn a subscription based site if they can get it for free. It dose not matter if the CD is obsolete morally you should download as legally for anyone to do so.
    Ive checked you posts, you seem to make a habit of arguing with people, im no longer checking this thread so argue all you want against a brick wall.

ReputationRep:
    Half of the replies here say he's stating the obvious, and the other half point out flaws where he was wrong.

Surely that doesn't work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Half of the replies here say he's stating the obvious, and the other half point out flaws where he was wrong.

Surely that doesn't work...
    TSR is hardly representative of the teenage populace in question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    TSR is hardly representative of the teenage populace in question.
    I never said it was, just that there were clearly two mutually exclusive yet popular ideas being shown here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I never said it was, just that there were clearly two mutually exclusive yet popular ideas being shown here.
    One half are wrong. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Captain Obvious published a similar report.
    lollll this this this!!

I know one person who uses Twitter... but I have to disagree with the Sony Ericcson comment about them being superior; Nokias have become much more popular again with the N95 and N95 8GB, plus the 5800. People with cash to splash will get an iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    Do I still count as a 'teen'? I use Twitter more than anything on the web. Nerr, article, nerrrr!

I read newspapers every day, I'd be rather sad if they went away

I found this part funny: "Teenagers never use real directories (hard copy catalogues such as yellow pages). This is because real directories contain listings for builders and florists, which are services that teenagers do not require." !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.