The Student Room Group
I'm not really sure what they're looking for.

At a very general level, you might have:
written contracts
warranty/guarantee
equitable representations (e.g. Quistclose trusts)
agreements not to pursue a right/claim (e.g. estoppel, though query whether this is truly a form of "agreement")
consent to actions (as a defence to some types of tortious or criminal liability. as with above, is this truly bilateral or unilateral?)

But of course, each of those has many sub-categories. Obviously, contract is the broadest umbrella, covering everything from credit swaps to consumer contracts. But all of these could appear in a number of forms.

Sorry, I can't give you much more help without knowing more about your course and what you've been taught thus far.
Reply 2
MelesMeles
I'm not really sure what they're looking for.

At a very general level, you might have:
written contracts
warranty/guarantee
equitable representations (e.g. Quistclose trusts)
agreements not to pursue a right/claim (e.g. estoppel, though query whether this is truly a form of "agreement")
consent to actions (as a defence to some types of tortious or criminal liability. as with above, is this truly bilateral or unilateral?)

But of course, each of those has many sub-categories. Obviously, contract is the broadest umbrella, covering everything from credit swaps to consumer contracts. But all of these could appear in a number of forms.

Sorry, I can't give you much more help without knowing more about your course and what you've been taught thus far.

Thanks for the help, yeah its a very broad question the rest of the assignment is about the essential elements of a valid contract, offere, acceptence etc.

Do this help, if not, thats for the pointers.
Well, if they're focusing on contracts, I suppose you could talk about the different types of contracts that you might expect to see:

loan contracts
credit swap contracts
contracts for sale of goods
services contracts
ongoing supply contracts
retainer contracts
insurance contracts
consumer goods and services contracts
construction contracts
restrictive covenant/land use contracts
sale of rights (e.g. securitisation and sale of debt)

Latest