Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No I'm not the homeowner but you can GTFO! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm speaking on their behalf ffs. BLOODY SALESPEOPLE EH!

:rolleyes:

srrly, I wouldn't mind but he was a **** salesperson. Couldn't get his words out and he looked like a right dodgy ******* rofl :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We get phonecalls that aren't even for us and then they try and sell us something ¬.¬

GET SOME QUALIFICATIONS! xD

ReputationRep:
    I don't even open the door anymore - just ask them through it.

If it's some foreign call-center that calls us, I take great pleasure in speaking in as thick a dialect as I can muster, and asking the caller to speak up because I can't understand their accent. Works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    I never seem to get sales calls at the door or over the phone for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    You know that the people that do these jobs only do it because there is **** all out there. Just be polite and say no and ask to be taken off the list and that is adequate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    You know that the people that do these jobs only do it because there is **** all out there. Just be polite and say no and ask to be taken off the list and that is adequate.
    I didn't actually tell him to GTFO but it was tempting. I actually think he was dodge tbfh. He asked me, "did you receive this (pointing to a leaflet he had in his hand)?" I couldn't tell wtf 'this' was from where I was standing, he was about 2 metres in front of me. His sales pitch was ****ing embarrassing, I actually felt nervous for him, and he put on a retarded salesperson voice. I was having none of it, said I wasn't the homeowner, said the homeowners were not present and that was that. Bid a friendly farewell and closed the door, intit.

:cool:

It's been an exciting, fun-filled day.

ReputationRep:
    What's worse is when you run for the phone and it's a damn automated call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    What's worse is when you run for the phone and it's a damn automated call.
    This. Its actually demoralising.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my dad had oxfam going that theyd rung the after service of a funeral, i played the vicar. We've never been rung by them again :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daftndirekt)
    Me and my dad had oxfam going that theyd rung the after service of a funeral, i played the vicar. We've never been rung by them again :erm:
    You've confused me, brother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    You've confused me, brother.
    Well basically oxfam rang so my dad put it on speaker phone and he started to build up the story that the oxfam lady had infact rung my dad in the middle of a wake and he was there apologisin to the vicar (played by me... in an irish accent ) We were in creases for ages after that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.