Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    agree with everyone here pretty much north america/aus/NZ

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking about it quickly - Italy, Canada or New Zealand.

ReputationRep:
    I am quite happy here for the moment, but I don't think I want to stay in Britain permanently. I would like to move back to continental Europe - Germany, France, Luxembourg, somewhere like that.
    I think what I miss most is the food and standard of housing. And a few small things I never realised I liked until I moved away...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...if the country gets any worse I'd probably move to a European country that hasn't suffered the same degree of degradation. Or Australia. I mean, lol, what is there to be proud of in modern-day Britain? Proud of Mr. Mohammad with a dual citizenship having the right to pray five times a day wherever he is? Proud of single mothers and chav culture? Proud that our government will replace us with hundreds of thousands of the world's worst and cheapest third world labour when we start to become unprofitable? Britain is already being sold out to Europe faster then our politicians can pass legislation teaching about how evil the British Empire was, encouraging degrading political correctness and swiftly washing our culture away. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Most of you guys are such idiots. :rolleyes:

OMGOMG I want to go to America because there's no crime there and they don't have Gordan Bwown and and it's sooo much nicer and the weather is soooooooooooooooooooooo bad! Like omg Britain is sososososos crap! Labour has ****** everything! Lolzzzzz!!!111!!!!!111!!!!!!!

I can't wait to go to America! :puppyeyes:
    America's weather is a lot worse than Britain, they have massive storms and hurricanes. And they may not have Gordon Brown... but Obama?? :mad:
    Also, it's really stupid to think there's no crime there, the crime rate is much higher than Britain unless you go to one of the really rural areas.

ReputationRep:
    I love love love Sweden
    If I was going to emigrate, it would be there. I quite like Britain though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondesemolina)
    America's weather is a lot worse than Britain, they have massive storms and hurricanes. And they may not have Gordon Brown... but Obama?? :mad:
    Also, it's really stupid to think there's no crime there, the crime rate is much higher than Britain unless you go to one of the really rural areas.

Wait...you realise that my post was tongue in cheek; no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    You could have easily have met some really **** ones though.

Yeah I know. I'm sure there are some over there, somewhere or other.

Maybe I'll just stay here. We have nice people, too.

ReputationRep:
    Wait...you realise that my post was tongue in cheek; no?

haha... really??
    sorry i have so many people saying that to me who really believe it

ReputationRep:
    where would i go?

canada or germany if i had the chance

ReputationRep:
    Most of you guys are such idiots. :rolleyes:
    lol @British people wanting to go only to the English-speaking countries

seems that it's not urban legend that folks here don't learn foreign languages? :confused: :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    yes but it depends which parts.
    I have a great deal of respect for the country but no pride anymore. The americans although sometimes fickle are the most patriotic country on this planet and its truly brilliant to see.
    No it's not, it just makes them really easy to laugh at

ReputationRep:
    The weather is enough to make me consider leaving, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    lol @British people wanting to go only to the English-speaking countries

seems that it's not urban legend that folks here don't learn foreign languages? :confused: :redface:
    theres no need to learn another language :dontknow:

most people speak english anyway, and noone is really taught a language properly at school because they simply cant. most other places have lots of media in english so its much easier to pick up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    The weather is enough to make me consider leaving, seriously.
    yeah i dont mind it being cold, wet or windy, its just when its dull every single day for a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Yeah, I hear they don't have that in other countries.
    Lol :rolleyes: I'm aware of that. I'm sick of it happening to me here so it feels like any where else would be better. I'm allowed to have hope, even if it's baseless.

ReputationRep:
    Canada or Japan . My reasons are:
    1. The weather - British weather sucks.
    2. Political Correctness - I got frowned out for saying black...go figure.
    3. Benifits culture
    4. Injustuce in Britain
    5...Health and Safety

I could go on...and on...and on...

The Netherlands.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go to Spain or California.

I like the UK but i've been here a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for Australia.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.