The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

icn06
I consider all the little variations in landscape, architecture, slang, food, etiquette and so on to be cultural differences... and there are definitely differences.

Oh yeah, in that case yeah, there are differences. It's kinda hard for me to imagine an American craving British food, though, when everyone knows that Americans have the bbbeeestest ffoood in the entire world and their burgers rule, nom-om-om :coma:
Reply 81
Nick_000
Born in Spain to an Italian mother with an English father lol. I grew up here though (from age 3 onwards).

lmao nice man :five:

did you learn italian or spanish? :rofl2:
Dynamitri
Oh yeah, in that case yeah, there are differences. It's kinda hard for me to imagine an American craving British food, though, when everyone knows that Americans have the bbbeeestest ffoood in the entire world and their burgers rule, nom-om-om :coma:

The clue to where Hamburgers come from is in their name.
Reply 83
I don't know yet, it depends on where I like when I travel. It also depends on where I can get work, how well I do with the language, if i'm in a relationship at the time, quality of education. Stuff like that. Though as it stands I like the idea of: USA (Either NYC, Cali or one of the north-eastern states), Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain (Barcelona only), Switzerland or Sweden.
Reply 84
tom//
lmao nice man :five:

did you learn italian or spanish? :rofl2:

Haha, neither! Well, pigeon Italian. My mum had moved to England when she was very young with her family so she couldn't speak fluent Italian either (better than me though). Then she met my dad in Spain whilst she was working as an au pair, had me and moved back to the UK soon after.

Pretty complicated lol!
New york, with a rich husband so i can shop all day :biggrin: hahaha
Only joking
Paris, Milan or Madrid, because I can speak all of them languages fluently :biggrin: and I love it in them cities.
Reply 86
Nick_000
Haha, neither! Well, pigeon Italian. My mum had moved to England when she was very young with her family so she couldn't speak fluent Italian either (better than me though). Then she met my dad in Spain whilst she was working as an au pair, had me and moved back to the UK soon after.

Pretty complicated lol!

nice man :five:
Reply 87
Dynamitri

I can't say I've ever craved British food, but I do find it interesting lol And the best burgers come from Hardees (orgasmic milk shakes as well)...YUM!
Reply 88
Where to: The US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
Why: Crap weather and pretty much crap everything. I've always wanted to get out of the UK.
somethingbeautiful

Why: Crime & injustice

what makes you think that doesn't exist elsewhere?
Reue
A nice town in America where all the neighbours know eachother and hang out lots, where you can leave your house unlooked all the time and nothing is ever stolen simply because noone would ever buy the stolen items.

you can get that in the UK.
Pocket Calculator
what makes you think that doesn't exist elsewhere?

Grr, people are going to keep asking that aren't they?

I'll quote myself rather than repeat:

Lol I'm aware of that. I'm sick of it happening to me here so it feels like any where else would be better. I'm allowed to have hope, even if it's baseless.
I love this country. People are far too unappreciative.

I'd kill to spend my 20's in Manhattan though.
Dozzer_Cufc
The clue to where Hamburgers come from is in their name.

Could it be .. HAMBURG?! :zomg:
I think, once I get the grasp of their language, I could see myself living in the Netherlands as I have family there and go there a lot. It's easy to say US, Canada, Aus etc but I don't know if I could adapt to such a different way of life soooo far away from the UK.
Lefty Leo
Could it be .. HAMBURG?! :zomg:

Yep, that famous American city...:rolleyes:
Reply 96
But, loads of people say that all the problems in this country, if you changed the names, they could really easily apply to any country in the world. You don't see things like dissatisfaction with the government on holiday.

But,
Australia. Possibly.
Dozzer_Cufc
Yep, that famous American city...:rolleyes:

http://www.hamburg.mi.us/

Hamburg, Michigan. :biggrin:
blondesemolina
There's nowhere else I'd rather be. I love England and the whole of Britain.
And I've been to the US, Canada, Australia and many European countries... I truly love Britain the most. I can't actually understand people's reasons for moving unless they utter a small phrase beginning with 'Gordon' and ending with 'Brown', but fingers crossed he'll be gone with the next election.
It isn't just Gordon Brown. The powers of the state versus the individual in this country are increasing and the election of the Tories won't solve this fundamental problem. Britain has ceased to be a Liberal country (a long time ago) and is now fully Statist.

As for me, I intend to go to the US or Singapore.
Reply 99
I love it here. Except for the tax. :dry:

Latest