Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm intending to take a year out after my degree to spend some time in Italy, perhaps a good few months, to see what it's really like. I have been learning the language and generally reading up on life there as a passing interest for about a year now.

Then at least I'll have more to go on than just holiday experiences when I decide where I want to settle when I'm older. Germany would also perhaps be a good place to try, but I haven't learnt any German just yet!

But I don't hate where I live. I just want to see what else is out there.

Well, I like Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Spain or Australia - could make do with Italy though..

ReputationRep:
    canada or the us because it much better than the uk

ReputationRep:
    Japan or America to work in the computer games industry (the artsy side, I'm crap at programming)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I'm not remotely wary of that, and unless you live in some crime-ridden ghetto, neither should you be. If, however, you do live in such places, I advise you to move out as soon as possible.
    I live in what i believe to be the 4th/5th safest city in the country and yes i talk from experience as my friend got his head smashed with a brick a few weeks ago and the police can do nothing. I also got mugged when i was 17 and was told a line up would be "unfair" on the suspect. Ya its a real great system we have going where a punch to the head and a mobile being stolen is fair but trying to single out a criminal in a 10 man line up is not in case i recognise him? thought that was the whole point! lol

I may take your advice though and look into moving to the shetland isles or somewhere with an even lower crime rate or just never go out, how dare i have the ordacity to walk down the street past my collage at 3pm on my mobile, its almost like i deserved a good mugging. How dare my friend walk 10 minutes home at 10.30pm at night, what cheek! and surely wearing a watch on his wrist would just like holding out meat to a lion. Or like i said. move to a place where crime is punished and not brushed aside for the more important criminals like doing 37mph in a 30 at 5pm on a sunday afternoon! Glad that crime was sorted in a matter of minutes and with great importance. I ask myself everyday how dare i be so provocative towards the law?!

Hopefully one day we will get a government to really sort britain out and make it the country it deserves to be again. Theres stuff i love about the country and im not saying its all bad but things do seem to get progressively worse.

I love the heritage that very few countries can say they have. The vast history and pioneering sense we haev always had and i think this is why its so disheartening to see how things are now. I have a genuine respect for the people who made Britain such a great country but its being dragged down, kicking and screaming. There is so many people here that have no respect for the work thats been put into the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feral Beast)
    http://www.hamburg.mi.us/

Hamburg, Michigan.
    ''REDUCING SODIUM CHLORIDE LEVELS IN WASTE WATER TREATMENT PLANT EFFLUENT - EVERYONE'S HELP IS NEEDED''

I know where I'm going on my holiday! :woo:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.