Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm intending to take a year out after my degree to spend some time in Italy, perhaps a good few months, to see what it's really like. I have been learning the language and generally reading up on life there as a passing interest for about a year now.

Then at least I'll have more to go on than just holiday experiences when I decide where I want to settle when I'm older. Germany would also perhaps be a good place to try, but I haven't learnt any German just yet!

But I don't hate where I live. I just want to see what else is out there.

Well, I like Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Spain or Australia - could make do with Italy though..

ReputationRep:
    canada or the us because it much better than the uk

ReputationRep:
    Japan or America to work in the computer games industry (the artsy side, I'm crap at programming)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I'm not remotely wary of that, and unless you live in some crime-ridden ghetto, neither should you be. If, however, you do live in such places, I advise you to move out as soon as possible.
    I live in what i believe to be the 4th/5th safest city in the country and yes i talk from experience as my friend got his head smashed with a brick a few weeks ago and the police can do nothing. I also got mugged when i was 17 and was told a line up would be "unfair" on the suspect. Ya its a real great system we have going where a punch to the head and a mobile being stolen is fair but trying to single out a criminal in a 10 man line up is not in case i recognise him? thought that was the whole point! lol

I may take your advice though and look into moving to the shetland isles or somewhere with an even lower crime rate or just never go out, how dare i have the ordacity to walk down the street past my collage at 3pm on my mobile, its almost like i deserved a good mugging. How dare my friend walk 10 minutes home at 10.30pm at night, what cheek! and surely wearing a watch on his wrist would just like holding out meat to a lion. Or like i said. move to a place where crime is punished and not brushed aside for the more important criminals like doing 37mph in a 30 at 5pm on a sunday afternoon! Glad that crime was sorted in a matter of minutes and with great importance. I ask myself everyday how dare i be so provocative towards the law?!

Hopefully one day we will get a government to really sort britain out and make it the country it deserves to be again. Theres stuff i love about the country and im not saying its all bad but things do seem to get progressively worse.

I love the heritage that very few countries can say they have. The vast history and pioneering sense we haev always had and i think this is why its so disheartening to see how things are now. I have a genuine respect for the people who made Britain such a great country but its being dragged down, kicking and screaming. There is so many people here that have no respect for the work thats been put into the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feral Beast)
    http://www.hamburg.mi.us/

Hamburg, Michigan.
    ''REDUCING SODIUM CHLORIDE LEVELS IN WASTE WATER TREATMENT PLANT EFFLUENT - EVERYONE'S HELP IS NEEDED''

I know where I'm going on my holiday! :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.