Turn on thread page Beta

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp! Got Theory Test Tomorrow watch

ReputationRep:
    I have already taken the theory tests before, and failed on two accounts mainly because of the multiple choice questions. I got a theory test tomorrow, I don't want to fail, so how do I pass the multiple choice bit please?

I am alright on the hazard perception front, it is the multiple choice that is giving me the run around...

ReputationRep:
    If you have a driving theory CD (which is what I would recommend) then just do a load of tests on them. As you keep doing the tests you begin to learn the questions and answers.

(Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I have already taken the theory tests before, and failed on two accounts mainly because of the multiple choice questions. I got a theory test tomorrow, I don't want to fail, so how do I pass the multiple choice bit please?

I am alright on the hazard perception front, it is the multiple choice that is giving me the run around...
    Do you have the theory test CD or Book? Just try to go through every question and answer it, if you don't know the answer then learn from your mistakes. Sometimes the same questions from the CD or book come up in the real test too

ReputationRep:
    Well I passed my theory today with full marks on the questions, and the obvious advice is to buy a book and revise it. A lot of it is common sense, but I used to bring it with me and revise on the train while going to meet my friends.

ReputationRep:
    I have the books and the cds, and I am using the cds to take the test, I am getting some wrong, I wrote them down with the correct answers, I can't remember it all.It is all tooooooooooo much.

ReputationRep:
    Searching the motoring forums for other topics asking exactly the same question might be a good start...

e.g.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t#post20030457
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t#post20036619

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattyness)
    Well I passed my theory today with full marks on the questions, and the obvious advice is to buy a book and revise it. A lot of it is common sense, but I used to bring it with me and revise on the train while going to meet my friends.
    How did you revise it? How did it stick into your head? Most of it is common sense, from taking the mock today on the cd, highest mark is a sad 38/40 I just taken now...so there are aspects that need to be learnt...

ReputationRep:
    I went through all the questions in the book over about a week period, then marked them. I then basically highlighted, and revised the ones that I found difficult, or got wrong. Just by doing it in 20 minute bursts on the train every other day or so over about a week, I had the answers memorized.

ReputationRep:
    I went through all the questions in the book over about a week period, then marked them. I then basically highlighted, and revised the ones that I found difficult, or got wrong. Just by doing it in 20 minute bursts on the train every other day or so over about a week, I had the answers memorized.
    How many questions did you memorise roughly?

ReputationRep:
    Er, its easy. I started to revise on the 10 minute drive to the test centre lol. Its mainly common sense. Don't let the stress of the occassion get to you. Keep doing what your doing with the mock tests. Practice makes perfect.

Good luck man.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe around thirty, mostly ones about documents (SORNs, etc), road-signs, towing stuff but also confusing ones about motorways, crossings and lights. Other facts need to be learnt by heart, e.g. parking distances from junctions, distances of putting emergency triangles, and stopping distances. But if you break them down bit by bit then it becomes very easy.

I have the books and the cds, and I am using the cds to take the test, I am getting some wrong, I wrote them down with the correct answers, I can't remember it all.It is all tooooooooooo much.
    On the CD do the questions for each seperate topic, then if you get some wrong then do the questions for that topic again. Keep repeating until you only get a few wrong or all correct. Then move on and do this for each topic. This way you'll cover all the questions learning what you got wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    On the CD do the questions for each seperate topic, then if you get some wrong then do the questions for that topic again. Keep repeating until you only get a few wrong or all correct. Then move on and do this for each topic. This way you'll cover all the questions learning what you got wrong.
    I got a long night ahead of me. I will do that, anything to make sure I pass the theory test tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have mine tomorrow too, I have just read the DSA book with the questions in and also tested myself online using a site called "driving test success" ,I'm only getting a question or two wrong Just repeat that process and you'll be fine.

Good luck for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe around thirty, mostly ones about documents (SORNs, etc), road-signs, towing stuff but also confusing ones about motorways, crossings and lights. Other facts need to be learnt by heart, e.g. parking distances from junctions, distances of putting emergency triangles, and stopping distances. But if you break them down bit by bit then it becomes very easy.
    Alright, I will break them down then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Er, its easy. I started to revise on the 10 minute drive to the test centre lol. Its mainly common sense. Don't let the stress of the occassion get to you. Keep doing what your doing with the mock tests. Practice makes perfect.

Good luck man.
    10 minutes before...most of it is commons sense, but then there is that odd few questions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornford4)
    Hey I have mine tomorrow too, I have just read the DSA book with the questions in and also tested myself online using a site called "driving test success" ,I'm only getting a question or two wrong Just repeat that process and you'll be fine.

Good luck for tomorrow.
    Thanks, good luck to you tomorrow. I am **** scared of this, I am gonna go through the cd, each sections do the questions, repeat it so I get it alright.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who got questions regarding mobile phones and other easy topics?

If I got asked half of this, I wouldn't have passed! Like I said before, the first time I looked at the book was on the way to be tested :erm:

I'd had a few turns on the hazzard perception bit at home. That was it.

I got a long night ahead of me. I will do that, anything to make sure I pass the theory test tomorrow.
    Good Luck If you try to go through every section you will find that there are some repeated questions, and some questions which you can answer in a few seconds too. It should all hopefully click into place

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.