Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't mean to be rude at all it's just my grandparents make me feel like **** sometimes. i said i wouldn't be mean or say anything bad about them but i can't take it.
    I know everyone will be like "but they're your grnadparents they're all warm and cuddly".

Here's the background info:

-mum and dad get married (arranged)
    -mum lives with dad at parents house along with two other brothers who are also married
    the brothers wives and my grandparents treat my mum like ****. mum couldn't do anything because her parents were in India. my mum used to cry everyday, they didn't let her do anything and criticised every little thing she did and played mind games with her.
    -my brother's born, because he's a boy it's a cause for celebration woo bloody hoo.
    -move house and im born
    -they dont come and visit everyone's still mean and play stupid mind games

so basically everyone decided that grandparents would take turns living at 3 different houses. everytime they came to our house they used to ***** about the stuff we did to my cousins and neighbours.

they still think that my cousins are better than us, but the thing is my grandparents are now living at our house because nobody else wants them and they still *****.
    my uncles families and my family aren't close because of a stupid little fight we had on holiday.

i don't know why im posting this but needed to get this off my chest.

so the fight we had on holiday:

three families living in the same house in India (it's a big house so space wasn't a problem) this was 5 years ago.
    one of my cousins used to tease me and call me googly eyes because i used to wear glasses, i just took it as a joke i mean come on we were kids and just laughed about it.
    so one evening i call that cousin fat, as a joke obviously.
    next thing i know her mum comes running up to me, sticking her finger in my face and shouts: "Don't call my daughter fat, she'll slap you, don't call her fat!"

we've never been as close as we were before and whenever they come around i just end up going upstairs.

also, whilst her mum was shouting at me my brother and the brother of my cousin who i called fat had a fight over a game of cards. i don't know what happened and since then their whole family dont talk to my family as much as they do to my other cousins.

im sorry if this post was a waste of time for you, but i really needed to get it off my chest.

ReputationRep:
    Tl;dr

It's okay, they'll probably die soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Tl;dr

It's okay, they'll probably die soon.
    Took the words out of my mouth

ReputationRep:
    this boils down to the whole "are arranged marriages right?" argument.

ReputationRep:
    Like the above posts say, they'll die soon.
    Watch them crumble in the mean time.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. I don't like one of my grandmas.
    She is *****y, attention seeking and favours my male cousin (she had two sons so prefers boys). She's 82.
    I often feel bad for it, but I don't think our relatoinship will get better.

ReputationRep:
    Your dad should stick up for your mum and throw his parents out of his house.

ReputationRep:
    do your parents get along?

ReputationRep:
    Tl;dr.

Nursing home?

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky there, grandparents can be so picky. As someone said earlier, they'll probably die soon. :teeth:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.