Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    94 Civic ESI
    0-60 7 secs
    ?

thanks

btw what hot hatches is this faster than? cheers

ReputationRep:
    one believes (as i am a slight car buff)

that your car is a little bit urm

chavish??

urm, not my bag really...

ITS NOT BAD THOUGH!
    better than what i'll be driving next year
    1987 nissan micra (collette)
    (it has 4 gears)

ark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenement_funster)
    (it has 4 gears)

ark

Nothing wrong with 4 gears! All my cars have 4

i wouldnt say it was good. but its a good car for a young driver. depends how old you are i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    If you're happy with it, then what's the problem?

The number of gears is irrelevent. I can show you cars fitted with a 2 speed trans which would put cars with 6 gears to shame in terms of acceleration.
    Gears are all about leverage anyway. If you've got a very light car, you don't need lots of gears.

ReputationRep:
    Its a nice car as long as its standard and hasnt been chav'ed up.

No way it will do 0 - 60 in 7 seconds unless it has had some serious upgrades the engine though. I'd guess the 0 - 60 is more like 8 - 9 seconds for a standard (based on it being a 1.6 Vtec).

ReputationRep:
    Good compared to this?

No.

Good compared to this?

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    it's had an engine remap, lowered, forced induction, semislik tyres, etc... yeah it's the 1.6 VTEC

also has 2 6x9s and a Sony CD player. it has some v. nice alloys

it is 7 seconds in the dry my mate has timed it

sports exhaust (lifted off the Type R) and double decat

65 000 miles, £1000

problem is it is VERY bumpy. people describe it as being on a fairground ride..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    Good compared to this?

No.

Good compared to this?

Yes.
    You do realise about 99% of on the road cars fir into that . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audiocity)
    it's had an engine remap, lowered, forced induction, semislik tyres, etc... yeah it's the 1.6 VTEC

65 000 miles, £1000

I very much doubt it has forced induction (IE a turbo or supercharger) for £1k? :woo:

Do you mean an induction kit?

Seem to be alot of vee'heads popping up lately :laugh:

ReputationRep:

65 000 miles, £1000

post a picture. it sounds dreadful if im honest. and making it look like a 4x4 wont do it any favours, either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    post a picture. it sounds dreadful if im honest. and making it look like a 4x4 wont do it any favours, either.
    I couldn't get a decent photo because I use my laptop and it's raining, but this is it...

ReputationRep:
    that looks pretty good actually. its very close to being OTT though. if i were you id put a smaller muffler on it and colour code that sidestrip then leave it be

ReputationRep:
    it's SO bumpy though :P I need to do something about it...

ReputationRep:
    it's SO bumpy though :P I need to do something about it...
    i have -40mm GMAX springs on mine and whilst being pretty bumpy you get used to it. just go over speedbumps really slowly, take care on gravel tracks and appreciate the better handling

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it can be a good thing, however no joke people actually choose not to get into my car and I have to avoid many routes into town because it is so bumpy I look like I'm having a fit whilst driving, no joke

ReputationRep:
    I can do it in about 9 seconds, but that is only becasue i have 6 gears so it takes longer! Plus it is a van

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Nothing wrong with 4 gears! All my cars have 4
    You seem like an interesting person , you like cars . like the fact you restore old cars aswell. nice profile picture , what car is that ?.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, don't worry about it being bumpy, my old Pug was pretty rattly when I lowered it, haha.

You get used to it. You can always jack it back up if it gets on your nerves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    You seem like an interesting person , you like cars . like the fact you restore old cars aswell. nice profile picture , what car is that ?.

It's my Austin 7

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.