Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically my family are at high risk of being targeted by some local criminals - we live in an area with a lot of violence and gun crime and suddenly we're the target.

Anyway, my dad wants me out of the house because now the police are involved and it's likey we're going to get attacked.
    I don't have anywhere to go and I really don't want to leave. He told me to go to my grandparents but the gang culture there is even worse and it's ages away from where I work. Plus I barely even know my grandparents and we don't have a relationship. I just don't want to spend my summer holiday in hiding and bored out of my mind. There's no internet there either & nothing to do. ****!

I just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    any other family anywhere else?? any friends you could stay at????

if your being targeted then cant the police do any more to protect your whole family???

ReputationRep:
    Well it sounds like you would be safer with your grandparents - and you dad is obviously worried about you. This could be a good opportunity for you to get to know your grandparents better too.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell what a nightmare. I'd say take the offer to live with your grandparents , the risk of being attacked is probably less there. But do you have any friends who's houses you could stay at?

(Original post by candy x)
    any other family anywhere else?? any friends you could stay at????

if your being targeted then cant the police do any more to protect your whole family???
    No, my parents are divorced so all my family is in a different city with my mum. Nope, no friends, well - none who's house I can stay at.

The police won't do a thing, they never have done.

ReputationRep:
    Remember, your dad is trying to act in your best interests. He doesn't like it as much as you do but would you rather wind up beaten or worse by these "criminals"? I don't know what these people have done so it's hard to tell as to what might happen in the future; but stay by all means if you want to. If you wish to run that sort of risk then fine, I'm guessing by the fact you mentioned a job you're at least 16 and responsible for yourself.

(Original post by FallenPetal)
    Remember, your dad is trying to act in your best interests. He doesn't like it as much as you do but would you rather wind up beaten or worse by these "criminals"? I don't know what these people have done so it's hard to tell as to what might happen in the future; but stay by all means if you want to. If you wish to run that sort of risk then fine, I'm guessing by the fact you mentioned a job you're at least 16 and responsible for yourself.
    Yeah, I know he's trying to do what's right but I'm just so pissed off that I have to up and leave because of them. I'm being driven out of my own home. But if I stay I'll probably get killed (really not an exaggeration). I'm just worried now because he's staying here alone.
    I won't even have H&R to come to if I leave lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.