Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, tomorrow i have to go for volunteer induction training for assisting primary school teachers after the summer. The letter says the training will consist

Intorduction of volunteering
    Communication skills/Body Language
    Child Protection Awareness

any advice on what to expect ? any one done this before ?

ReputationRep:
    Expect exactly what you wrote above. You'll be told all about what to do if you are worried about a child etc.

ReputationRep:
    I had similar before although this was through a volunteering charity working with primary aged kids.
    Mine was basically as was said above telling you what to do if youre worried about a kid, or what kind of things to look out for if you think they are being abused. Also other child protection issues-what you can and cant do. I also remember alot of stuff about positive praise and managing behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    I think it might be some new government risk assessment type thing in schools, as I had one at the school I'm in at the moment but have never had one in the past. It basically took 5 minutes and they said things like don't touch the kids, don't be in a position where you're alone in a room with a kid and then different things about being assertive and remembering that you're the one in charge not them if the kids are playing up. Basic common sense stuff really, if you've worked with kids/in school in the past it will more than likely be a recap of what you already know and are aware of, but they have to do it for insurance reasons no doubt.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.