Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Long and short of it is - I'm taking my car to Ireland. I want my friend to be able to drive the car also so I know insurance is needed.

    Do I need to do the insuring or is that her job?
    Anyone know of any good reasonably priced companies who do it?

    Also I think I'm confusing myself as I can't work out when I do it, if I'm not just insuring myself again on my own car..

    Apologies if that's all confusing

    sort it yourself. you dont want someone uninsured driving your car.

    only ever used http://www.dayinsure.com/ and was quite reasonable.

    sort it out soon as, just have the start date when you first want your friend to drive

    Two options:
    1) add her to your policy
    2) get here to go onto those day insurance websites which do car insurance for 1 to 30 days.

    Your buddy can just print off the certificate to keep in the car. Easy.
    Just makes sure your mate picks at least one!

    The above options (post #3) are correct.
    either do dayinsure, which is quite expensive, or call up the company with which you are with, they will insure you. beware, the premium might be low, but the excess might be VERY high. i am currently temporarily insured on my dads car, with premium of £27, for 4 days, and excess of 450. you have been warned.
    Also, note that there is a limit (which varies from insurance to insurance) in the no. of days you can have someone insured on your policy temporarily.
    Alos, you do not need to keep the insurance docs with you, if asked to show them, you have 7 days to bring to nearest police station to wherever you are.
    any other questions?
    feel free to quote or pm me. I did my research into this.
    • Thread Starter

    Cheers guys, think I was just overcomplicating stuff :tongue:
    Muchas gracias.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.