Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many pieces of hand luggage you are allowed to take on holiday? On the manchester airport wesbite it says you can take more than one piece as long as they don't exceed 5kg in total, but will this vary between airlines?

ReputationRep:
    as far as i knew it was one piece per person

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you should check what airline your flying with, they also have weight and size limits so it's best to check with your airline, i know for ryanair it's one piece of hand luggage, not exceeding 10Kg, and there are dimensions too but i forgot lol.
    Basically, take a gand on the airline website!

ReputationRep:
    Rang the travel agents and thay said its fine to have a handbag and another piece of hand luggage but together they must weigh no more than 5kg

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the airline, but the standard is one piece not exceeding 10kg. For some airlines you can have in addition another ''personal item'' such as a handbag or a laptop case. I've flown with a pretty heavy hand luggage, a small suitcase and a big laptop shoulder bag with KLM, but they can take away bigger/heavier bags at the door of the aircraft if it's a really small one (Fokker 50-70).

ReputationRep:
    Easyjet have no limit aparently..

ReputationRep:
    They don't tend to weigh hand luggage unless your main suitcase is over, and even then weighing it isn't that common. So, as long as your handluggage fits in the set measurements, then you should be fine. When we went on holiday, we crammed loads into our handluggage instead of paying the excess baggage fee!

ReputationRep:
    Ryanair's dimensions limit is 55 x 40 x 20 (sad I know them off by heart, innit). They seldom weigh it but you are only allowed to bring one item onto the plane (that means no handbags in addition to a smallish trolley case). I'm not sure about other airlines.

ReputationRep:
    Heathrow only let me take one bag on any flight/plane. And they robbed my hand gel.... Not... my.... hand... gel ...breathe....

ReputationRep:
    Going through Gatwick security I was only allowed one hand luggage bag.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.