Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: do you apply more powder to your face during a night out? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at photos of me during the summer this time a year ago, and in every single one my face is really shiny!

I've changed my foundation since then and I now use clinique which I think helps my face look less shiny and oily. But now I'm paranoid and I'm wondering how many girls powder their face during the night? I think I might have to do this when I go on holiday in a couple of weeks, is it socially acceptable!? I think it might be the only solution to ensure I don't look shiny during the evening.

Do you carry powder and brush in your bag?
    Do you touch up your make up at all if you're having a night out?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i always carry mine in my bag on a night out, and touch it up because its annoying when u sweat or have a drink and u have no makeup around ur mouth from where ur makeup has been washed away from putting it round the glass. touching up is good

ReputationRep:
    Yeh powder and vaseline are always in my bag for touch ups. Not much else usually! Alcohol makes you warmer, plus the environment and eating/dancing makes you hotter so I always feel the need to touch up to stop the oily shine!

ReputationRep:
    i always put powder over foundation on a night out to reduce shine, another good way is to use blotting paper.

ReputationRep:
    I always bring powder to touch up on a night out, I hate my face looking shiny or sweaty!

ReputationRep:
    I don't use a proper foundation, instead I use a powder which acts as a foundation, it's a mineral thing which gives more coverage than normal powders. I absolutely swear by it now because it's so much easier and my face never gets shiny anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I always carry a powder compact with me. All day, every day - just in case.

On a recent night out, I was the only girl who didn't look shiny in photos - my profile pic, case in point lol.

ReputationRep:
    I do yes, for applying it I use the toilets. I think I would die without it, my face gets really shiny quickly.

ReputationRep:
    i never really use powder, but my face never gets shiny

my cheeks just get insanely red =/

ReputationRep:
    i don't use powder foundation i use liquid.................but i only really put it on when i'm going out........

ReputationRep:
    I take powder with me all the time (Unless my skin is really dry that day). If you aply too much in person it may look a bit cakey but it usualy looks fine on photos and in places like clubs nobody owuld notice anyways

ReputationRep:
    yep, I have the same problem and now always take powder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bingobongo)
    I've been looking at photos of me during the summer this time a year ago, and in every single one my face is really shiny!

I've changed my foundation since then and I now use clinique which I think helps my face look less shiny and oily. But now I'm paranoid and I'm wondering how many girls powder their face during the night? I think I might have to do this when I go on holiday in a couple of weeks, is it socially acceptable!? I think it might be the only solution to ensure I don't look shiny during the evening.

Do you carry powder and brush in your bag?
    Do you touch up your make up at all if you're having a night out?

Thanks
    Do you by any chance use Clinique superbalanced make-up to prevent shine? I love that product too! It feels quite light on the face!

I tend to carry around a case of compact pressed powder on a night out. That and lipgloss because lip make up fades easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yeah I always carry a powder compact with me. All day, every day - just in case.

On a recent night out, I was the only girl who didn't look shiny in photos - my profile pic, case in point lol.

What brand of powder do you use? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Chanel.

ReputationRep:
    I have prescriptives pressed powder and it works fine for me.

ReputationRep:
    i use mineral foundation and powder and i always have both on me. whenever i go to the loo on a night out i fan myself with something then apply the tiniest bit of mineral powder :p:

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is a stupid question, but does everyone who's posted in this thread have spots? If not, what's the foundation for? Especially if you have to put powder on top of it to stop looking shiny! :confused: :o: :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I don't give a **** what I look like after about 10 minutes of being out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ffiinnaa)
    Do you by any chance use Clinique superbalanced make-up to prevent shine? I love that product too! It feels quite light on the face!

I tend to carry around a case of compact pressed powder on a night out. That and lipgloss because lip make up fades easily.
    Yes it is the superbalanced one!

Much better than the L'oreal one I was using this time last year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.