The Student Room Group
xtina120891
Hi TSR Users

Just a quick query that I hope someone can answer.

If i am worried that i might not make the offer of my firm choice BUT the course i intend to do is still in clearing under 'spaces available' i was just wondering will they offer it to me first if i miss the grade or will the clearing applicants who got the grades get the place

the university is : Keele

Ok, just to clarify your situation, you've applied through UCAS Extra already and have been given a conditional offer which you have made your Firm choice? Your question then, is that if you fail to meet your conditional offer, will the university still offer you a place, given they have spaces in clearing.

The answer is that it depends. If you fail to meet your offer then the university is not obliged to take you, although it is possible that they may accept you with lower grades this is at their discretion. The fact that they have spaces in Clearing may mean that they can afford to be lenient, but it does not mean that they will and you will not have automatic priority over anyone in clearing. It's possible that people applying through clearing will have grades that meet the offer requirements and who they may wish to accept instead.

There's not a lot you can really do until results day, but if you are genuinely concerned that you may have missed your offer then make sure you go into Results Day well prepared. Have a look at courses you *might* be interested in should you fail to meet your offer and consider what your options might be. Make sure you have to hand contact numbers for your Firm, UCAS and details of your application (personal statement, module marks etc). You might find this helpful:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Results_Day
Reply 2
They would consider applicants who missed the grades of their offers before deciding whether to put the course into Clearing or not. They may not be able to take you with missed grades if you miss your offer by a lot, though, so if you get rejected it is final
Reply 3
F1 fanatic
Ok, just to clarify your situation, you've applied through UCAS Extra already and have been given a conditional offer which you have made your Firm choice? Your question then, is that if you fail to meet your conditional offer, will the university still offer you a place, given they have spaces in clearing.

The answer is that it depends. If you fail to meet your offer then the university is not obliged to take you, although it is possible that they may accept you with lower grades this is at their discretion. The fact that they have spaces in Clearing may mean that they can afford to be lenient, but it does not mean that they will and you will not have automatic priority over anyone in clearing. It's possible that people applying through clearing will have grades that meet the offer requirements and who they may wish to accept instead.

There's not a lot you can really do until results day, but if you are genuinely concerned that you may have missed your offer then make sure you go into Results Day well prepared. Have a look at courses you *might* be interested in should you fail to meet your offer and consider what your options might be. Make sure you have to hand contact numbers for your Firm, UCAS and details of your application (personal statement, module marks etc). You might find this helpful:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Results_Day

Everything about that clarification is correct , except that i chose the course BEFORE it hit UCAS Extra.

Thanks... I kinda thought this may be the answer :smile:
eurrgghh... the words 'results day' are enough to make me gag!
i swear psychology is actually going to mess up my chances of going to keele
stupid (bleep) of a teacher!

Latest

Trending

Trending