The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Prince Rhyus
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5826040/China-pleads-for-understanding-as-al-Qaeda-vows-revenge-over-Uighur-deaths.html

As if taking on the West and Russia wasn't enough of a battle, it seems that they want to take on the country with the biggest army in the world.

How will this one pan out?

The size of the army is not an important factor. The US has the strong armed forces in the world and it has not succeeded in completely removing the terror threat posed by Islamism and Al-Qaeda. That is terrorism for you.
some grotty terrorists vs a billion people who know kung fu....
Bubbles*de*Milo
Am I the only person going :confused: at the thought of Muslim Chinese people?
Really? I mean... wtf? Since when!?

Edit: Nvm nvm nvm no one gets it nvm.

hahaha. AND JEWS! lol

I guess they dont fight over land in China cos there's so much of it. Mind you, a lot of it is desert!
£10 China > Al-Qaeda
Kolya
The size of the army is not an important factor. The US has the strong armed forces in the world and it has not succeeded in completely removing the terror threat posed by Islamism and Al-Qaeda. That is terrorism for you.

Do you not think a willingness to do as you please irrespective of international pressure (yes more so than the US), closer geographical proximity and greater manpower would be particularly useful should they decide to take action?

For the record I dont think it will happen..
Phonicsdude
hahaha. AND JEWS! lol

I guess they dont fight over land in China cos there's so much of it. Mind you, a lot of it is desert!

I :suith: Chinese Jews.

It's like being f***** over from all sides.
Reply 26
Phonicsdude
Do you not think a willingness to do as you please irrespective of international pressure (yes more so than the US), closer geographical proximity and greater manpower would be particularly useful should they decide to take action?
Algeria isn't all that much easier for China to access than Afghanistan was for the US.
Reply 27
China are being the reluctant fighters in a Martial arts movie, who then completely stomp the opposition.
:fight:
Woo go China!
Kolya
Algeria isn't all that much easier for China to access than Afghanistan was for the US.

Ah, OK. I dont believe China would touch Algeria. Not least cos they'd have to come through me first.

I was thinking a little closer to home e.g. Afghanistan or whichever rogue ex-commie state they choose as their new cave hangout.
Diamond Diva
Muslims who lack the capacity to condemn a vile terrorist organisation disgusts me.

Who's doing that?
Reply 30
China are just gonna Zerg rush them.
I actually laughed out loud at this lol. Al Qaeda Vs the US/UK, China and Russia.

Hmm, fancy putting a bet on?
Reply 32
Mr_Steve_Stifler
I actually laughed out loud at this lol. Al Qaeda Vs the US/UK, China and Russia.

Hmm, fancy putting a bet on?

No i lost money betting against Al Qaeda last time.
Reply 33
Sundous
What morons, why attack innocent people in other countries for "revenge" just because they're han-chinese

in fact, why attack people at all

Al-Qaida disgusts me

:ditto: i completely agree. i've never understood al-qiada.
Reply 34
gyyy2807
:ditto: i completely agree. i've never understood al-qiada.

This might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6pGqYRi-PU&feature=related
Reply 35
Andy the Anarchist
Does this remind anyone else of Command and Conquer Generals?

:zomg:its too conveniant to be a coincidence
Reply 36
Chomsky is not on firm ground. There is no evidence that special forces trained Afghan Arabs, nor is there much evidence that they organized, funded or armed the Afghan Arabs either. It's entirely possible that he has a source I have missed, but I suspect that he is simply exaggerating the case to make a political point.
Reply 37
Kolya
Chomsky is not on firm ground. There is no evidence that special forces trained Afghan Arabs, nor is there much evidence that they organized, funded or armed the Afghan Arabs either. It's entirely possible that he has a source I have missed, but I suspect that he is simply exaggerating the case to make a political point.

Agreed.

Congressman Paul however, who is perhaps in a more well informed position than chomsky also holds this view.
Reply 38
Aeolus
Agreed.

Congressman Paul of however, who is perhaps in a more well informed position than chomsky also holds this view.

Well, I got here 12 hours too late, but at least someone was there to mention the point about Congressman Paul.
Reply 39
Phonicsdude
hahahahah I saw this and am lmaoing. Al Qaeda vs China. It's not even real anymore. It's like some sort of computer game! hahahah

EA beat you to the punch.

edit:
Andy the Anarchist
Does this remind anyone else of Command and Conquer Generals?

I hate you.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending