Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do men really bum rape each other in American jails? Or is this just one of those "myth" kind of things? So.....are they really raping T.I. in jail? Don't they get in trouble for it e.g. a longer sentence because it's another crime that they're committing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Do men really bum rape each other in American jails? Or is this just one of those "myth" kind of things? So.....are they really raping T.I. in jail? Don't they get in trouble for it e.g. a longer sentence because it's another crime that they're committing?
    Why are such activities exclusive to American jails?

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't only apply to America. Someone could drop the soap in any country :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I've never researched it tbh!

ReputationRep:
    I know it happens in other jails, I'm just talking about American ones....because...

ReputationRep:
    yeah it happens in san quentin and pelican bay also in cochran, research it if you dont beleive me, i've seen loads of documentaries about american max security prison, but no footage of bumming

Yes, rape happens in US prisons. Lots of it. It's sad that cultural awareness doesn't lead to attempts to stop it instead of attempts to make it funny.

ReputationRep:
    It happens a lot in jail. Not because they want sex, well sometimes, but sometimes to humiliate the victim.

T.I. may be getting some luvin'... Biggie claimed Pac did too.

ReputationRep:
    lol things are quite different in jail. And the ones who are raped don't usually tell anybody.

On GTA4 Nico said that this phenomenon was pretty much exclusive to American prisons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    On GTA4 Nico said that this phenomenon was pretty much exclusive to American prisons.

It certainly don't think guys would bum each other in British prisons.

ReputationRep:
    I know it happens in other jails, I'm just talking about American ones....because...
    Aww, bless. Are you worried about T.I.? Don't worry, he can look after himself.

(Original post by Meagz)
    It certainly don't think guys would bum each other in British prisons.
    I know! It just seems an American thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by numb3rb0y)
    Yes, rape happens in US prisons. Lots of it. It's sad that cultural awareness doesn't lead to attempts to stop it instead of attempts to make it funny.
    It's pretty hard to stop something so engrained in a secretive and closed-off culture.

Anal-rape and max. security prisons go hand-in-hand.

If you ask me, it's a pretty good incentive to keep out of there! If everything became all nansy-pansy in prison, it wouldn't have enough of a deterrent factor at all.

ReputationRep:
    Poor T.I. :no:

ReputationRep:
    I know! It just seems an American thing

Lol at T.I though.

Errr its not just US prisons alone!! . . . .

(Original post by DJkG.1)
    It's pretty hard to stop something so engrained in a secretive and closed-off culture.

Anal-rape and max. security prisons go hand-in-hand.

If you ask me, it's a pretty good incentive to keep out of there! If everything became all nansy-pansy in prison, it wouldn't have enough of a deterrent factor at all.
    I think that prisons should be intensive work camps where you essentially do intense public service or produce stuff for zero cost. Anal rape though is a bit too far, doncha think :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Errr its not just US prisons alone!! . . . .
    Yes, we have established that. :yep:

ReputationRep:

thats all Ive heard about it :s: I think the tough guys would be too afraid to be called gay here:dontknow:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.