Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Someone told me it doesn't happen as often as you may think, but I imagine anywhere with male rapists, sadists etc it's bound to surprise you.

How they know that I couldn't tell you.

(Original post by vin)
    thats all Ive heard about it :s: I think the tough guys would be too afraid to be called gay here:dontknow:
    A gurl plays GTA4? :zomg:

(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Yes, we have established that. :yep:
    If an inmate is HIV infected, some will rape others = spread it so they aren't the only one's suffering!!!

That I read in a newspaper whilst on holiday (from a person who was wrongly convicted of stealing). He begged and pleaded with the prison staff that he was being inappropriately touched and etc - of course they didn't believe him. It carried on until he was raped. He became unwell . . some months down the line (after nagging prison staff this man was not well), he was tested to find he was infected with HIV - from another prisoner.

When I read it, I felt incredibly sick, but also very sowee for the man - inside for a crime he had not committed and then raped by another prisoner who was HIV.

How awful . .

EDIT: Forgot to mention, other prisoners were involved as well - held the man against his will, ie tie his hands behind his back so he could not defend himself or fight the man off.

ReputationRep:
    who's T.I?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Do men really bum rape each other in American jails? Or is this just one of those "myth" kind of things? So.....are they really raping T.I. in jail? Don't they get in trouble for it e.g. a longer sentence because it's another crime that they're committing?
    Lol did you start this whole thread because you're worried about T.I.??
    Don't worry they'll take good care of him seeing as he's small, rich,famous and did i mention small??

Just kidding, he'll be fine no way would they allow someone as famous as him to be attacked in prison let alone raped.( By they i mean the guards and the higher powers etc)

(Original post by vin)
    Some Atlanta rapper sent to jail for owning (illegal) guns or something.

(Original post by vin)
    American rapper. He's done a duet with Justin Timberlake . . .Dead and Gone

ReputationRep:
    oh he looks like he'd probably like the attention:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    :hump:

(Original post by vin)
    oh he looks like he'd probably like the attention:giggle:
    I think there's somewhat of a difference between "gangsta" attention and getting Fd up the A by a disgusting psycopath freak with STDs ... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    If an inmate is HIV infected, some will rape others = spread it so they aren't the only one's suffering!!!

That I read in a newspaper whilst on holiday (from a person who was wrongly convicted of stealing). He begged and pleaded with the prison staff that he was being inappropriately touched and etc - of course they didn't believe him. It carried on until he was raped. He became unwell . . some months down the line (after nagging prison staff this man was not well), he was tested to find he was infected with HIV - from another prisoner.

When I read it, I felt incredibly sick, but also very sowee for the man - inside for a crime he had not committed and then raped by another prisoner who was HIV.

How awful . .

EDIT: Forgot to mention, other prisoners were involved as well - held the man against his will, ie tie his hands behind his back so he could not defend himself or fight the man off.
    Did he get released/ get compensation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    I think there's somewhat of a difference between "gangsta" attention and getting Fd up the A by a disgusting psycopath freak with STDs ... :unsure:
    thats the attention I meant:camp:

(Original post by The Question)
    Did he get released/ get compensation?
    Yea I presume he got released. As for compo :dontknow:.

So so sad though.

(Original post by vin)
    thats the attention I meant:camp:
    :zomg: YOU miss have been playing too much GTA :p:

ReputationRep:
    All British men are gay so it probably happens more in the UK than the US.

ReputationRep:
    there is no rape in british prisons because we have these:

ReputationRep:
    Do men really bum rape each other in American jails? Or is this just one of those "myth" kind of things? So.....are they really raping T.I. in jail? Don't they get in trouble for it e.g. a longer sentence because it's another crime that they're committing?
    T.I. is not in general population, i.e. he is housed elsewhere, so it unlikely he will be subjected to anal rape... Mind you, he looks like he might like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    Lol did you start this whole thread because you're worried about T.I.??
    Don't worry they'll take good care of him seeing as he's small, rich,famous and did i mention small??

Just kidding, he'll be fine no way would they allow someone as famous as him to be attacked in prison let alone raped.( By they i mean the guards and the higher powers etc)
    You know me well :yep:

(Original post by DJkG.1)
    It's pretty hard to stop something so engrained in a secretive and closed-off culture.

Anal-rape and max. security prisons go hand-in-hand.

If you ask me, it's a pretty good incentive to keep out of there! If everything became all nansy-pansy in prison, it wouldn't have enough of a deterrent factor at all.
    See, I think it's pretty barbaric to even be suggesting that prison rape is legitimate or good as a deterrent against criminality. I don't care what the state says a person has done; sexual assault is not an appropriate punishment, nor is it appropriate to be allowing it to happen in places that are supposedly incredibly secure.

There's a vengeful mob mentality about your post that I find deeply disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    All British men are gay so it probably happens more in the UK than the US.
    Shut up. :o: (just joking )

On a serious note though, our culture is so much like US culture that it probably happens quite a bit over here as well.

Our criminals are goingto be similar to the US criminals.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.