Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I recently broke up with my 'boyfriend' after a 2 year difficult situation of being more than friends but less than a couple. Ive been unhappy for most of it, so i thought that ending it was long overdue and that it was the best thing for me.

But now that i think about being single and not seeing him, it really breaks my heart. Everytime we talk i want to ask him to try again, even though i know i wont be happy, and he'll just take advantage of me. We've only been apart for a week and he's already slept with 2 other girls + me, and right after that he told me "we're not together anymore so dont take this the wrong way".

I think the real problem is that I'm dont have the self confidence to feel like I'll be ok without him. I need him there to make me feel attractive and sexy and fun, and i know thats really sad and pathetic. Im starting uni in september so i want to use the summer to start getting over him, and to gain some confidence. But i have no idea where to start!

anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Hang around with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    Read a book about confidence?

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for you. You must be attractive and sexy for you now ex boyfreind to like you, you are fine

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously you need to focus on yourself this summer. Maybe joining a gym or picking up some sort of sport will help. It gives you something to accomplish on a regular basis and since you get more fit it should help with the confidence.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.