Turn on thread page Beta

I recently broke up with my 'boyfriend' after a 2 year difficult situation of being more than friends but less than a couple. Ive been unhappy for most of it, so i thought that ending it was long overdue and that it was the best thing for me.

But now that i think about being single and not seeing him, it really breaks my heart. Everytime we talk i want to ask him to try again, even though i know i wont be happy, and he'll just take advantage of me. We've only been apart for a week and he's already slept with 2 other girls + me, and right after that he told me "we're not together anymore so dont take this the wrong way".

I think the real problem is that I'm dont have the self confidence to feel like I'll be ok without him. I need him there to make me feel attractive and sexy and fun, and i know thats really sad and pathetic. Im starting uni in september so i want to use the summer to start getting over him, and to gain some confidence. But i have no idea where to start!

anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Hang around with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    Read a book about confidence?

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for you. You must be attractive and sexy for you now ex boyfreind to like you, you are fine

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously you need to focus on yourself this summer. Maybe joining a gym or picking up some sort of sport will help. It gives you something to accomplish on a regular basis and since you get more fit it should help with the confidence.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.