Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My mother (who is now speaking to me) was told by my teachers at school (parents evening) NOT to take my internet away from me....Whooohooo!

However, there are a few conditions (breaking them will mean the remove of my internet lead thingy being taken)

1. I must be in bed by 10:30 on school night unless I was working in which case 11:30.

2. I must pay £10 a month for it.

3. The internet may only be used for "research purposes" and not for chatting in chat rooms. (she didn't say anything though about message boards!)

4. My grade in French must go from a D to a B by my next report! (no problem! I had an A in that homework I did earlier in the week!)

5. The internet may only be used for 2 hours per night - 4 hours on weekends!

I fully intend to follow EVERY condition because I love the internet!

ReputationRep:
    if ur paying the £10..then why all the "conditions"?

No offence, but you have Nazi parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    if ur paying the £10..then why all the "conditions"?
    Because I didn't have a very good parents evening - at one point I had to leave the Hall because I thought I was going to cry (French).

My parents are blaming the internet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    My mother (who is now speaking to me) was told by my teachers at school (parents evening) NOT to take my internet away from me....Whooohooo!

However, there are a few conditions (breaking them will mean the remove of my internet lead thingy being taken)

1. I must be in bed by 10:30 on school night unless I was working in which case 11:30.

3. The internet may only be used for "research purposes" and not for chatting in chat rooms. (she didn't say anything though about message boards!)

4. My grade in French must go from a D to a B by my next report! (no problem! I had an A in that homework I did earlier in the week!)

you dont go to parrswood do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lacrossetom)
    you dont go to parrswood do you?
    nope, I don't!

ReputationRep:
    You pay for the internet only for research conditions?

What the hell is the point? I could just copy you Microsoft Encarta99*1 for £3 *2, then you won't lose £120 per annum.

And if you think "yes, but I love the internet so", then all I can say is that you PRETEND you are on the internet whilst on copied Microsoft Encarta 99. Simple.
    In fact, if you can only use the internet for research, get rid of the internet. And if you don't have the internet, there is no point on having a computer. get rid of that too. Then get yourself a Library card, free membership and access to many sources for research.

God bless you musical gal, it is not your fault.

*1 Gayboy09 does not endorse piracy of any kind, and abides by all copyright laws.

*2 Subject to terms and conditions. Not available in Republic of Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    nope, I don't!
    i can't believe ur parents are actually bothered about french. french is a load of crap, my parents wanted me to get a's in sciences and maths and english and didnt care less about my E prediction in RE and D in French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gayboy09)
    You pay for the internet only for research conditions?

What the hell is the point? I could just copy you Microsoft Encarta99*1 for £3 *2, then you won't lose £120 per annum.

And if you think "yes, but I love the internet so", then all I can say is that you PRETEND you are on the internet whilst on copied Microsoft Encarta 99. Simple.
    In fact, if you can only use the internet for research, get rid of the internet. And if you don't have the internet, there is no point on having a computer. get rid of that too. Then get yourself a Library card, free membership and access to many sources for research.

God bless you musical gal, it is not your fault.

*1 Gayboy09 does not endorse piracy of any kind, and abides by all copyright laws.

*2 Subject to terms and conditions. Not available in Republic of Ireland.

lol u joker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bad Rep)
    your parents are ****ing sad man i mean how the **** old are you? they treat you like a ****ing 8 year old you need to ****ing stand up for yourself *****
    Bad_Rep...

Are you gay?

ReputationRep:
    *whistle* Dictatorship *whistle*

so what, if u need the internet for over 2 hours for work related activity thats not possible?!

ReputationRep:
    i can't believe ur parents are actually bothered about french. french is a load of crap, my parents wanted me to get a's in sciences and maths and english and didnt care less about my E prediction in RE and D in French.
    I need three Bs for Cardiff and at present I'm no way going to get that!

I have Microsoft Encarta 2003 (came with laptop) and no I wouldn't use the internet in the library because I have pay and also eveyone knows me from when I did my work exp. there.

I don't care really - I'm just glad I didn't get grounded! And the fact my mother is now talking to me is a BIG bonus!

ReputationRep:
    She's doing A-level French.

ReputationRep:
    i feel so sorry for you, to be honest your mum sounds too controling to be healthy especially sayin that you've got to be in bed by a certian time. Out of interest are you an only child.

Just ask her how she thinks you'll cope at uni if she continues to ty and control you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    i feel so sorry for you, to be honest your mum sounds too controling to be healthy especially sayin that you've got to be in bed by a certian time. Out of interest are you an only child.

Just ask her how she thinks you'll cope at uni if she continues to ty and control you so much.
    The bed thing is due to the fact I have my third whisp in 2 weeks. Going to bed with a tea bag isn't something I'd normally do but I look terrible.

Yes, I am an only child and seeing that I'm staying at home for uni and I'm very indepentant (like I found my job all by myself, I now cook my own dinner etc) it isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:

I feel so lukcy my parents never bugged me that much on that sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    The bed thing is due to the fact I have my third whisp in 2 weeks. Going to bed with a tea bag isn't something I'd normally do but I look terrible.

Yes, I am an only child and seeing that I'm staying at home for uni and I'm very indepentant (like I found my job all by myself, I now cook my own dinner etc) it isn't an issue.

out of interest, if you didn't get into your local uni but you got accepted to others further away would you still go?

ReputationRep:

Wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, once again we retain another member. I hope that in the future I can enjoy even more of your time on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    out of interest, if you didn't get into your local uni but you got accepted to others further away would you still go?
    Yes definetly. Ofcourse depends where/what it is.
    It could be much more fun meeting new people and seeing new places. Personally i like change and it i think it'll do u good to see diffrent places and gain diffrent experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Yes definetly. Ofcourse depends where/what it is.
    It could be much more fun meeting new people and seeing new places. Personally i like change and it i think it'll do u good to see diffrent places and gain diffrent experiences.
    personlly i agree with you but i was aiming that at AMG because she said she will be staying at home. I was just wondering how cut and dry that was and whether it was her preference or a combination of other factors

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.