Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a local uni, so had to move away.

ReputationRep:
    I knew yuo were never going to leave. I always thought you were making it all up. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I knew yuo were never going to leave. I always thought you were making it all up. Sorry.
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I had that feeling as well, but who cares? She thinks she's so important when really, she's just another member with her head stuck up d's arse.

ReputationRep:
    Your parents stopped talking to you?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    My mother (who is now speaking to me) was told by my teachers at school (parents evening) NOT to take my internet away from me....Whooohooo!

However, there are a few conditions (breaking them will mean the remove of my internet lead thingy being taken)

1. I must be in bed by 10:30 on school night unless I was working in which case 11:30.

2. I must pay £10 a month for it.

3. The internet may only be used for "research purposes" and not for chatting in chat rooms. (she didn't say anything though about message boards!)

4. My grade in French must go from a D to a B by my next report! (no problem! I had an A in that homework I did earlier in the week!)

5. The internet may only be used for 2 hours per night - 4 hours on weekends!

I fully intend to follow EVERY condition because I love the internet!

Oh dear, why did your mum stop talking to you? It is true though, the internet is a big time sapper, so your mum is probably right to restrict your time on the net. I waste loads of time and get distracted when i'm supposed to be doing 'research' I know what its like.

ReputationRep:
    I do not want to leave home if possible. I understand I shouldn't put all my hopes on Cardiff but it is a brilliant place to study Music. UWIC and Uni of Glamorgan are planning to merge (once they decide upon a name) they may then have a Music Department finally which isn't just BA Music Technogy or BA Pop Music.

My mum would like it if I didn't get into Cardiff, to take a gap year and resit the A level(s) I fail or do a different subject and reapply.

However, Music is currently not the only degree I'm considering. I'm also considering Accountancy which is every good at the Uni of Glamorgan and Cardiff

Decisions Decisions

I do not find my mother very controlling - I guess she wants me to the best I can because I'll be the first member of my family (including my 16 cousins, 8 second cousins, 18 aunts and uncles, parents and they parents etc) to ever go to Uni. I consider myself very luckly to be still in school when I'm only one of 3 members of my family to continue education post 16.

Adhsur if you think I'm lying then you can because I really don't care anymore. As long as I know the truth then I don't care what you or anyone thinks!

ReputationRep:
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Adhsur if you think I'm lying then you can because I really don't care anymore. As long as I know the truth then I don't care what you or anyone thinks![/COLOR]
    I'm sorry, I may have come across a bit too judgemental. I'm not against you or anything - I just expressed a point of view. As I have pointed out before, you ARE a nice person and it's great to be your friend. I wouldn't offer to help you with your english etc if I didn't like you I HAVE been a bit grumpy recently (really stressed and tired) but that was no excuse to take it out on you.

I believe you now. It would be such a shame to see you go, because I've seen you here ever since I joined and to lose such a valuable member would make the place slightly incomplete.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I just read the whole thread. I'm actually crying of mirth.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.