Turn on thread page Beta

The Rumble Strips watch

ReputationRep:
    This band are so awesome. I've really loved them for ages and finally (finally) their second album "Welcome to the Walk Alone" came out yesterday. It was produced by Mark Ronson.

I predict that in the next eight weeks they'll be on the cover of NME.

I predict that in the next few months they are going to get REALLY famous.

I first heard of them when I listened to their cover of Amy Winehouse's Back to Black. Charlie Waller sounds incredible (I've put a link below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwFN726nF1o
    (far better than the original)

This is their new single "Not the Only Person"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hSqg5h5P-s

Anybody else think this band is fantastic?

ReputationRep:
    Ive only heard the first album and its a cracking album.

In particular, Don't Dumb Down, Alarm Clock and Girls and Boys In Love.

Not heard the second yet, infact I didn't realise they had a second yet, i'm about to get on that now.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like his version of Back To Black but their new tune's alright, dunno about amazing but it does normally take me a while to get into tunes

ReputationRep:
    They're good stuff, i got their second album a few weeks ago, need to give it a couple of listens but i don't think it's as good as their first album which was excellent and full of energy.

ReputationRep:
    I saw them in 2007 on the NME new music tour. I found them pretty dull at the time, but they're playing at Latitude this week so I might check out their stuff and see if it grabs my interest any more this time round..

ReputationRep:
    I never really liked them - they're not particularly exciting. However, I haven't heard any of their new stuff so I can't pass judgement on that.

I think they're alright. :yy:

Whilst I wouldn't call them anything special (yet), there'll be something to look out for, they have a good energy about them!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.