Turn on thread page Beta

I have only been abroad once in my life - feel left out watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My family never want to go. Friends do more exciting things. I don't even have a girlfriend. I'm a failure at life.
    Lol thats a massive line. Can't really say much to that can you? Sounds like this guy needs a cheque for 500 quid and a big fat week in the sunshine. Good luck man. i think its a rollover tomorrow on the lotto? :P
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've never been abroad and the last time I went on holiday with my family was 10 years ago :rolleyes: Stop whining! Yorkshire is a lovely place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    unnecessarily rude...no comment.
    1 4m s0 s0rr1 b4by, cuddl3 plz? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    1 4m s0 s0rr1 b4by, cuddl3 plz? :console:
    ok, forgiven :kissing2: I can't turn someone like you down :redface:

ReputationRep:
    ok, forgiven :kissing2: I can't turn someone like you down :redface:
    If you really knew me, you'd regret ever typing those sweet words. But you don't, so **** it. While we're at it, let's do some more cuddling :lovie2:

ReputationRep:
    If you really knew me, you'd regret ever typing those sweet words. But you don't, so **** it. While we're at it, let's do some more cuddling :lovie2:
    Really? Tell me more via PM if you wish :sadnod:

:knuddel: :kiss2: :hugs:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I've never been abroad in my life. Infact, I've never been on holiday.

Yeah, imagine my first day of term, every year, when I was at school: ''Draw a picture or write a story about what you did.'' **** all, that's what.
    Not even to France or Spain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When I used to go back to school after a long holiday, people always talked about their trips abroad, often to really exotic places. On Facebook, loads of people post their photos of their holidays abroad and it looks really exciting.

I feel left out because I never go abroad. Our family goes on holiday once a year, for a week, to a really rubbish place in Yorkshire or something. Often because of the weather, we have to leave early and get only 5 or 6 days away. Last year was the final time we went on holiday as a family.

I have only been abroad once in my life, to Greece, as part of a school trip. I get teased a lot for not going abroad, people ask me questions about it, and I have no proper answer I can give them. What should I do?

why do you worry ? You 've been to the best place, no need to see the rest.
    Haha, I am joking of course...I hope at least that you went to an island and not to Athens which lets admit, is crap :P
    However, no need to feel bad. I have hardly traveled abroad as well, my family always chose vacations in Greece instead of abroad. Personally I was fine with that, since i believe nothing can beat a greek island, and the sea that goes with it ! However, I do want to explore different countries too, and I plan to when I start making my own money. I am sure that if you really want to travel you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Not even to France or Spain?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Phew, I've never really been abroad either. I've been to Slovakia for a half an hour and Germany for like 5 minutes.
    How did you manage that?

ReputationRep:
    Really? Tell me more via PM if you wish :sadnod:

:knuddel: :kiss2: :hugs:

:p:
    OK, baby, as much as I enjoy cuddling, I think you're going a bit too fast with the foreplay.

I don't PM boys. Boys PM me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    How did you manage that?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    OK, baby, as much as I enjoy cuddling, I think you're going a bit too fast with the foreplay.

I don't PM boys. Boys PM me :awesome:
    oh sorry

ok will do

ReputationRep:
    Get rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    What do you mean?
    Sorry, I've only just realised you're Polish so it represents two brief border crossings.

Would have been a slightly bizarre trip if you'd come from the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I go away every year, I have friends who go to America every year, friends who have been all over the world, and friends who've never even left the country, I've never heard of anyone who has been teased because they haven't been on holiday before. I mean what kind of stupid reason is that to tease someone. If you're going to be classist at least do it ******* properly.

ReputationRep:
    We always used to go to France for our family summer holidays, first Normandy, then Brittany, then the Dordogne and eventually the Loire. Except the Dordogne, which is great for kayaking, lots of castes, caves and cliffs, they were all quite frankly dull as hell, certainly when I had friends that had gone to Florida, and more to the point had gone somewhere that involved getting on a plane...

The first time (that I remember) flying anywhere was a school trip to Greece. Then just before I went to uni, BA had a flight sale and I took my then girlfriend to Rome for a week.

Anyway, really your life of travelling only begins at 18. Before then you're just along for the ride, and if you have parents who are too tight, skint or just plain dull to go anywhere other than the same place again, and again, and again. Well that's just bad luck really, oh and going to a music festival is pretty much like a holiday. You can drag Glasto out into a full week, and I'd certainly recommend doing that if you can...

ReputationRep:
    I went to Ireland on the Ferry for the day once; I went on a weekend coach trip to Disney Land Paris - and that's it. I've never been on a plane either.

But it doesn't bother me; I don't feel as if I'm missing much, really - we aren't all made of money!

ReputationRep:
    I went on a family holiday once to Mablethorpe. I've never been abroad either and I'm 25. We were always broke too growing up and never went anywhere in the holidays, that's life OP. Be glad that's all you have to worry about!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.