Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Saw A Fat Person, Would You Concur They Are Greedy? Watch

• View Poll Results: If You Saw A Fat Person, Would You Concur They Are Greedy?
    Yes
    47.86%
    No
    52.14%

ReputationRep:
    i dont know why but ive never associated fatness with greediness

no, id just think they were a fat ****

ReputationRep:
    greedy no

fat and unattractive - yes

ReputationRep:
    When they're packing serious amounts of fat, absolutely. Fair enough if it's a medical condition, but (in my rather sweeping opinion) more often than not it's just pure greed/laziness

ReputationRep:
    They could have a health problem, such as an underactive thyroid, making them fat. And some people are super skinny and eat loads, works both ways. So no.

ReputationRep:
    I'd conclude they have poor self discipline

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I don't assume thing about people. Maybe they're just lazy.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a disease.

ReputationRep:
    Depends, chubby people are usually greedy or lazy but really fat people are greedy and lazy.

ReputationRep:
    If they were eating one of these babies at the time, yes.

ReputationRep:
    No !

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I wouldn't judge people for being a certain weight or immediately think someone must be greedy if they are fat. It's their choice to be that size.

Fat people only piss me off when they blame slow metabolism or genes for the reason they are fat. Yes, there is some evidence for certain genes that result in increased appetite, ect but they don't make people fat, only more likely to be fat. Anyone can be thin if they count calories and do some exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrama)
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the thread title. In answer to the question- no, there is more than one reason that people get fat so i wouldn't just assume that a random fat person was greedy.

ReputationRep:
    The evidence is weighed all too heavily against them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    Not really. I wouldn't judge people for being a certain weight or immediately think someone must be greedy if they are fat. It's their choice to be that size.

Fat people only piss me off when they blame slow metabolism or genes for the reason they are fat. Yes, there is some evidence for certain genes that result in increased appetite, ect but they don't make people fat, only more likely to be fat. Anyone can be thin if they count calories and do some exercise.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I'd concur that they are gluttonous... the word greedy usually pertains more to money & possessions.

Truth is... when you're greedy, you're more or less aware of how much you want whatever you want. There are overweight people who don't even realise how much they crave/eat, you know?

So no... they're not necessarily greedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrama)
    Is that a DONUT sandwich?! :lolwut:

(Original post by Earl Nuce)
    The evidence is weighed all too heavily against them...
    Veeery punny. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aura1947)
    Is that a DONUT sandwich?!
    "The Luther Rory
    A one third pound of sirloin topped with two slices of white American cheese, four strips of bacon, peanut butter, between two Krispy Kreme donuts."
    Om nom nom :no:

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be a certain stigma that fat people are greedy. Because they might not be able to control themselves when comes to eating.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.