Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniduckxxx)
    HELLLOOO!! I applied to Wessex Hall really late (due to me being the most disorganised person EVVERRR) so I'm a bit worried that all the places are filled up!! ARG! I wanna live in Wessex hall because thats where all the fun seemed to happen.....and also due to my lack of the ol' buck. LETS ALL SCROUNGE TOGETHERRRR and and burn stuff and and rave our asses off.....oh and work obviously :s.

Anyone studying English Lit, Film and Theatre?
    And is there anyone against valleys girls??? If so...why? We are nice mun! BAAA Sheep.

Dani should probably stop typing now. ooo add me on facebook people, just message me or something.

BYE BYEEEE!!! xx
    Would be easier just be adding a link

Mine http://www.facebook.com/MikeyHH

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've got a place pending my results.

Not sure why I choose Wessex but it seems to have a few politics and english peeps!

The freshers week events looks amazing, i really hope i get in!

ReputationRep:
    Well so finally I gonna have someone to remind me about lectures xD just kiddin' it's always nice to have people from similar courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seriouslyc)
    Right, (i'm on the Wessex JCR) - this is the plan for freshers week Wessex people:

Sunday
    • Day: Moving in day
    • Evening: Welcome meeting in the main hall and white t-shirt welcome night in the bar.

Monday
    • Day: Journey to Reading town centre. We will walk you all down to Reading central for a Quick lunch and a couple town based challenges. Meeting in the Foyer at 1.30pm.
    • Evening: School boy’s and school girls night in Walkabout we will meet in Wessex bar at 8.00pm where we’ll play some games then leaving for town at 9.30pm.

Tuesday
    • Day: JCR lead tour of Reading campus, you will be able to get your access cards and enjoy the world famous Mojo’s lunch. Leaving Wessex at 1.30pm.
    • Evening: A quick round of pub golf will fill this evening, time to ditch your riff raff clothes, fix up, look sharp and go for the hole in one. Starting in Wessex bar and ending in Sakura.

Wednesday
    • Day: Fresher’s Fair from 9am - XX. At 5pm we will be playing Wessex’s traditional drinking rounders its fun for all the family so if you don’t drink feel free to get involved and if you do drink, a good meal is recommended prior to this event.
    • Evening: Pirates vs Sailors! We will turn the ground floor into a grand galleon, there will be sea themed games and entertainment, a small cover charge of £3 will be on so we can really splash out!

Thursday
    • Day: We’ll leave this day to you if you want any ideas for something to do feel free to come and find one of us.
    • Evening: Rave night in dogma, UV, Glowsticks the whole works - you know the drill.

Friday
    • Day: Detox day, time to relax we’ll have a picnic, run some films and recover.
    • Evening: Unwind in the bar with a pub quiz and a spot of bingo.

Saturday

• Day: Chill
    • Evening: Wessex invades the union! Meet in the bar at 8.30. Theme
    • :TBA

This is going to be miiint. :woo: :eek3:

If you haven't already find Wessex Hall on Facebook and add us!

Any questions, don't hesitate...
    FYI Slight change of plan to the above:

The Wednesday evening will now be a club night at the 360 nightclub in the Students' union. It's called Show Your Colours and will involve each hall wearing their own designated colour.

We're not entirely sure what colour Wessex is going as yet, naturally it would be green. But St. Pats is also green and they got their first, so it may be green and white just to show that your Wessex - you wouldn't wanna get confused from someone from St.Pats! - But we'll keep you posted.

The Saturday will be what the wednesday was now, with a party in the Wessex Hall: "Pirates vs Sailors! We will turn the ground floor into a grand galleon, there will be sea themed games and entertainment, a small cover charge of £3 will be on so we can really splash out!"

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else heard from reading about what accomodation theyl get if they get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cdash)
    Has anyone else heard from reading about what accomodation theyl get if they get in?
    Yep!
    Wessex, room with wash basin.
    That's it so far, and I have paid the deposit and have a confirmed place

ReputationRep:
    I heard I got a place at Wessex, but I've realised I know nothing about it!

Does anyone know basic stuff like how many people share bathrooms/kitchens, what the communal areas are like?

ReputationRep:
    I got the letter today definetly confirming everything for Wessex with a wash basin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiray)
    I heard I got a place at Wessex, but I've realised I know nothing about it!

Does anyone know basic stuff like how many people share bathrooms/kitchens, what the communal areas are like?
    Hey, I run the the Wessex Hall profile on Facebook: add it here: http://www.facebook.com/wessexhall and also join the freshers group for Wessex Hall on Facebook, where you can ask questions and probably get more of a response than from here.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I run the the Wessex Hall profile on Facebook: add it here: http://www.facebook.com/wessexhall and also join the freshers group for Wessex Hall on Facebook, where you can ask questions and probably get more of a response than from here.
    I don't have facebook....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    well you will probably miss out on valuable information.

If you're confirmed to Wessex, you should receive a welcome pack through the post with information in.

ReputationRep:
    actually you can still view the group, even if ur not logged into facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4277341&ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    well you will probably miss out on valuable information.

If you're confirmed to Wessex, you should receive a welcome pack through the post with information in.
    What kind of valuable information?
    I can't access that page without signing into facebook :/

ReputationRep:
    I was a fresher last year living in Wessex and i loved every second of it.
    It sounds cheesy but make the most of your year in Halls because its the best year :-)

ReputationRep:
    What kind of valuable information?
    I can't access that page without signing into facebook :/
    All it is is the plan for freshers week.
    I'm sure it can easily be copied and pasted onto the forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divinitywolf)
    All it is is the plan for freshers week.
    I'm sure it can easily be copied and pasted onto the forums.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    ive already copied and pasted it into this thread. Its just questions others ask and stuff, that you may find valuable... anyway..

found out that you guys won't be recieving a hard copy of the welcome pack by post (they're probably trying to save money/and or environment) here is the link where you can download the PDF file http://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/ac..._Freshers.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to find out about what societies and groups we can join before we get to reading?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rusu.co.uk/home/Get_Invol...ties_Home.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerley)
    I think Wessex has just under 200 rooms, over 3 floors. Mostly freshers but some returning students on the third floor (like moi)
    how many third years/second years do you think there will be? im a third year going to wessex hall in sept and im petrified! aha x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.