Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

Im about to go into my second year at keele and am living off campus (newcastle-under-lyme) and will use my car to get to uni. How do I go about applying for a parking permit?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that you have to go to the darwin building to get one, its probably from security but someone can correct me on that if its wrong!

ReputationRep:
    nope, its not the darwin. go into chancellors, that corner near la cafe, in the big entrancy bit where they have art work and stuff on the walls. Its like a reception desk, and has a sign saying carparking on one side, and something else on the other side. (like 'accomodation', i cant remember exactly!).
    You just need 50 squid and your keele card. Then you fill in a little card and hand it over. its dead simple.
    then they give you your permit there and then. (DONT lose it )like I did.... i had to pay again )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.123)
    Hiya

Im about to go into my second year at keele and am living off campus (newcastle-under-lyme) and will use my car to get to uni. How do I go about applying for a parking permit?
    read my post above, just thought id better quote u so U get this reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunyellowshine)
    nope, its not the darwin. go into chancellors, that corner near la cafe, in the big entrancy bit where they have art work and stuff on the walls. Its like a reception desk, and has a sign saying carparking on one side, and something else on the other side. (like 'accomodation', i cant remember exactly!).
    You just need 50 squid and your keele card. Then you fill in a little card and hand it over. its dead simple.
    then they give you your permit there and then. (DONT lose it )like I did.... i had to pay again )

Oooh thank you very muchly. And ta for the quote too to make sure I got it. Very thoughtful! I have seen the area as all my lectures are in chancellors...just wasnt sure if perhaps theres a form online to fill in or owt beforehand. So shall have a peek next time im up there. Thank you again x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.123)
    Oooh thank you very muchly. And ta for the quote too to make sure I got it. Very thoughtful! I have seen the area as all my lectures are in chancellors...just wasnt sure if perhaps theres a form online to fill in or owt beforehand. So shall have a peek next time im up there. Thank you again x x
    Just a final tip, make sure you read EXACTLY where your allowed to park because they will fine you even if the car park is nowhere near full or no matter how short your car will be there!

Ive had 5 parking tickets since ive been to Keele in two years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.