Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

my boyfriend and me will hire a car for a weekend and have booked a hotel in Newport, Wales.

Our plan is to drive from Guildford to Cardiff as sort of a 2-3 day road trip/holiday. I was wondering if anyone had any tips of things to see and do between Guildford and Cardiff. What should we not miss?

So far our plan is to drive from Guildford via Bath and Bristol, maybe stop off at Stonehenge, stay a night in Newport and then see Cardiff.

Any more ideas? Would be great if someone knew a few nice places.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Emily

ReputationRep:
    Newport, erm well that'll be errr nice....

Me and my friends are off on a roadtrip next week although we'll be travelling alot further, these tourist attractions generally aren't that good unless you have an imagination or are with some friends who have some and can make fun, I mean err.... trouble

Make sure the car you hire is decent enough...

If your going to wales, well not particularly newport and cardiff because it's pretty flat there but on the motorway and any steep country roads you might encounter get a diesel!

and don't skimp by getting the base model, get something luxurious so you can enough being air conditioned and sit in comfort.

Nothing worse than hard seats base model Astras! Which you'll probably be given especially given the longish journey your doing.

Sorry I couldn't really add any suggestions to the experience, oh well....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.