Turn on thread page Beta

Are people in sixth form immature or am i just boring. watch

Well i was in physics yesterday and 4 peopel behind me decided it would be hialrious to throw bits of paper at me and especially when it hit the back of my head found it impossible to contain theirselves with laughteer. I didn't react by the way. ANyway, other people in my sixth form on a geography trip thought it would be hilarious to play fight each other. Due to bad amounts of people in a room i ended up not being able to share with my mates and ended up with some other people. They were up most of the night play fighting in their boxers and attackign each others bunk beds by sneaking up tand then hitting each other or wrestyling each other to the floor.

I don't enjoy this kind of thing..infact i hated it..those nights were some of the longest in my life.

Am i boring or geeky or whatever for not liking things like this? Or are they actually immature? Everyone seems to be like this apart from about 2 people whom i am friends with.

I feel so lonely..im going to spend the summer on my own because i don't really seem to connect with people.

Am i a freak? Wierd etc?

Please help because it's kinda annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    If you ask me, it's a bit of both tbh.

They are acting quite immature, but you're also being a bit boring in refusing to get involved with any of it, whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    If they were throwing pieces of paper at you and you did nothing you would have just made them laugh at you more.

Grow some balls, turn around, and either joke it off and tell 'em what's coming.

Besides that, I don't do any of that stuff and am in sixth form. I find most people to be mature but at the same time are up for a laugh. Seems to me they were just having a laugh on that trip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomthecool)
    If you ask me, it's a bit of both tbh.

They are acting quite immature, but you're also being a bit boring in refusing to get involved with any of it, whatsoever.
    This. It might have seemed immature, but they were jsut having a laugh, maybe if you'd even joined in a bit you might have had one as well.

Nothing wrong with being immature, as long as you know when to behave maturely. And that situation didn't really call for particularly mature behaviour, was only a school trip.

ReputationRep:
    I found the majority of people at school/6th form were utter tossers, so yeah don't worry, it's not just you. Ignore them, you'll soon be out in the real world, then again there's no shortage of immature tossers there either. Meh, moral of the story: life's a *****.

(Original post by EFG)
    If they were throwing pieces of paper at you and you did nothing you would have just made them laugh at you more.

Grow some balls, turn around, and either joke it off and tell 'em what's coming.

Besides that, I don't do any of that stuff and am in sixth form. I find most people to be mature but at the same time are up for a laugh. Seems to me they were just having a laugh on that trip.
    WHy should i waste my time even looking at them if tehy decide to do that though? Seemed pointless tbh when i coulda just listened and learned..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    WHy should i waste my time even looking at them if tehy decide to do that though? Seemed pointless tbh when i coulda just listened and learned..
    Since you want to stop them from doing it again, and to show your not someone who can just be walked over.

Therefore they won't do it to you again for the cheap lulz and you can listen and learn more carefully than you would have with paper being tossed your way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well i was in physics yesterday and 4 peopel behind me decided it would be hialrious to throw bits of paper at me and especially when it hit the back of my head found it impossible to contain theirselves with laughteer. I didn't react by the way. ANyway, other people in my sixth form on a geography trip thought it would be hilarious to play fight each other. Due to bad amounts of people in a room i ended up not being able to share with my mates and ended up with some other people. They were up most of the night play fighting in their boxers and attackign each others bunk beds by sneaking up tand then hitting each other or wrestyling each other to the floor.

I don't enjoy this kind of thing..infact i hated it..those nights were some of the longest in my life.

Am i boring or geeky or whatever for not liking things like this? Or are they actually immature? Everyone seems to be like this apart from about 2 people whom i am friends with.

I feel so lonely..im going to spend the summer on my own because i don't really seem to connect with people.

Am i a freak? Wierd etc?

Please help because it's kinda annoying me.
    My friends and I do that, but only if they're wearing a hoodie - we try to get it in. :o: And obviously, we know the person. Lighten up! :cool:

(Original post by EFG)
    Since you want to stop them from doing it again, and to show your not someone who can just be walked over.

Therefore they won't do it to you again for the cheap lulz and you can listen and learn more carefully than you would have with paper being tossed your way.
    I'd rather nto have my education disrupted. Who cares if they laugh over me? Glad i can bring abit of "enjoyment" to people's lives.

ReputationRep:
    You were in physics, you should have retaliated by throwing a 1kg weight at them.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know bout ur school but my sixth form was soooooo boring all the guys used to do stupid stuff ALL the time in frees and in lesson, trips etc. just to make it bearable.

ReputationRep:
    I know who you are now OP:yep:

ReputationRep:
    You need to learn how to walk the fine line between standing up to bullying and playing along with banter. Once you can accept it as banter, brush it off or even reciprocate, it'll be a whole lot easier.

And yes, they sound immature, but they are sixth formers. They're immature by definition.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry. They're being immature.

But if your spending summer on your own, then you are on the border of being a boring person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my_username_was_taken)
    I'd rather nto have my education disrupted. Who cares if they laugh over me? Glad i can bring abit of "enjoyment" to people's lives.
    lol, its only physics - its not rocket science is it?

(Original post by lm_wfc)
    lol, its only physics - its not rocket science is it?
    I find it challenging.

ReputationRep:
    They are immature, but that's not a bad thing. You are not mature either.

Not from your dislike of the play fighting, but your tone makes you sound quite boring. Also if people are throwing paper at you, and they are not your friends, then you need to respond. Doing nothing makes you seem weird. Either tell them to **** off or laugh and join in or say something witty but don't just sit there.

ReputationRep:
    immaturity is great for a laugh

ReputationRep:
    It's only immature when you aren't involved with the fun

ReputationRep:
    Try talking to them and being friendly? They probably aren't *******s, just having a laugh with friends - they may leave you be if they get to know you a bit and you aren't the quiet guy who never does anything.

Also, I have been brainwashed whenever i read threads like this into it eventually turning into "they were wrestling and one hit me in the back of the neck, now it clicks whenever i move it..."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.