Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are people in sixth form immature or am i just boring. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I found the majority of people at school/6th form were utter tossers, so yeah don't worry, it's not just you. Ignore them, you'll soon be out in the real world, then again there's no shortage of immature tossers there either. Meh, moral of the story: life's a *****.

Yeah it's pretty much like that at my college aswell... Most of the people in my classes seem to have the mental agillity of Mouse droppings (and I do the subjects which are considered "harder" so I dread to think what people are like in Media ).

Tbh I think its just mostly due to colleges not being selective enough when decideding who should be admitted... For example about less than10% of the poeple in my college have the actual potential top study something decent at Uni... the other 40% go to polytechnics/go straight to jobs, the other 50% pretty much either a) drop out, b) Barely scrape by on E's and U's... and tbh the people who **** around the most tend to fall into the "drop out" category...

Unfortunately I doubt you would be able to change the school admittence policy (GOD (FSM) knows i would with mine) so i think you are just stuck with them... Just ignore them and laugh to yourself that you will be better off in a nice cushy job while they are either flippy burgers at Mucky D's or just saying "Paper or plastic" for the rest of their lives...

(sorry for the spelling, I have dyslexia )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomthecool)
    If you ask me, it's a bit of both tbh.

They are acting quite immature, but you're also being a bit boring in refusing to get involved with any of it, whatsoever.
    Exactly my feelings.

ReputationRep:
    They were only enjoying themselves; I'm not sure how much play fighting or the lack thereof demonstrates maturity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirandrew)
    I am going to assume that 6th form is equal to an AP class in high school. AP classes are college level courses and if you do well at the nation-wide administered test (for anyone who took that AP class), then most colleges accept it as credit towards graduation.
    Again, if this is wrong, i am sorry; they have the largest correlation in my mind
    Yeah I think its similar.
    but we only have 3 years of uni and you have 4, so basically your first year of uni is equivalent to our 2nd year of 6th form, but you make it up by having an extra year at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    I now feel appreciated
    Hey, don't worry about it; I hear it's a tough crowd anyway

ReputationRep:
    Summer holidays haven't started yet at your school? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    lol...

why should he get angry? if somebody did it to me, i wouldn't care. why should I?

umm because it would be really annoying if some person kept throwing paper at you from behind consistently thus making you angry...

tomorrow we move on to our ABC :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.