Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    both nearly identical products, same size, price, even packaging.

i have tried both, JD does taste sweeter somewhat, jim black is a bit stronger at 43%.

has anyone else tried jim?

which one would u go for?

ReputationRep:
    I always choose jd over jim bean, but ill happily drink both :P

ReputationRep:
    only ever tried JD, to be honest I've tried other whiskeys and they are just as nice, I think JD rides of its label and reputation a bit. I look forward to trying this jim bean...

ReputationRep:
    most pub chains have jd + both white and black labels of jim bean, give em a try, shud be cheaper as well!

Jack Daniels > Jim Bean.

ReputationRep:
    Teachers

ReputationRep:
    Without Mixers, It's got to be straight on the rocks.

Teachers > JD > Jim Bean.

But I'll quite happily down a few all night long.

Not much of a bourbon, sour mash, whatever drinker - at least, not one you generally find in your local or in Spoons (shudder). I think Oddbins are selling Elijah Craig at the moment and I'll make an exception there be it in straight, old fashioned, or in a good Manhattan. You should be able to find Makers' Mark also.

Go by your own tast preferences - if you're just planning to neck it mixed with coke it's not really a pressing concern.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what cheap knock-off you lot are drinking but Jim Bean isn't the proper drinks name, it's Jim Beam

You can't really call JB Black and JD 'nearly identical as JB Black is a premium product and JD isn't.

A fairer comparison is JB White Label and JD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    I'm not sure what cheap knock-off you lot are drinking but Jim Bean isn't the proper drinks name, it's Jim Beam

You can't really call JB Black and JD 'nearly identical as JB Black is a premium product and JD isn't.

A fairer comparison is JB White Label and JD.
    I was thinking that from the start...maybe these people haven't really tried and are pretending to be experienced whiskey drinkers when in fact they have NEVER TOUCHED WHISKEY.

...not really guys don't hurt me...:o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.