Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello :tsr2:

I'm interested in applying for a course at Kent uni which is situated at the Medway campus but I need some help with accommodation.

Firstly, as a Kent student do I have the option of all halls on campus, or is there special Kent-only halls? If so, where abouts are these halls?

Secondly, which are the closest rail stations, and how far are they? Are they easy to access by foot, or do you need a bus (how much would they cost, also?)?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I wouldn't recommend Kent at Medway, if you have the chance to go anywhere else.

As far as I know, all the universities which have campuses at Medway (Kent and Greenwich, I think?) share Halls. Or at least, there's only one "campus" of accommodation that I've ever seen down there. It's near the Dockyard, about ten minutes from Gillingham High Street, and fairly near Dockside Outlet Centre.

Closest railway station would be Gillingham, which is about 10-15 minutes walk away.

I can't answer university specific questions about accommodation, but I can answer about the location, since I've lived here 18 years.
    Thanks very much for the info, but why wouldn't you recommend Medway? It looks really pretty from the pictures.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i go kent -canterbury and everyone says medway is so rubbish student life is boring, i've been there before i must admit they have very nice buildings but the area is just boring!! come canterbury!

ReputationRep:
    Gillingham is the nearest station and yes you can walk its about 10mins walk depending on how fast you walk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    yeah i go kent -canterbury and everyone says medway is so rubbish student life is boring, i've been there before i must admit they have very nice buildings but the area is just boring!! come canterbury!
    Ohh right. That's not good... I thought with all the students there they would've made it a bit more exciting.

I'd loce to come to Canterbury but they don't do my course there. Plus I found the main campus really expensive when I went.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Ohh right. That's not good... I thought with all the students there they would've made it a bit more exciting.

I'd loce to come to Canterbury but they don't do my course there. Plus I found the main campus really expensive when I went.

oh i think the majority of people who go medway live near there and a few stay on campus, but i would suggest visiting the place before accepting the offer!!

Submit reply
Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.