Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

YAY or NAY? Watch

• View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
    Yes I like it
    81.08%
    No I hate it
    18.92%

Just found this - looks pretty decent to wear up town (night out) - but what do you ladies (and gents) think? . .too posh? tacky? . . open to opinions.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I like it, but you have to have the right figure. Lipsy do some lovely dresses.

ReputationRep:
    Really nice if you've got a slim but curvy figure

ReputationRep:
    If you're slim hell yeah
    If you've a bit extra around the middle hell no

ReputationRep:
    The zip is horrible. Other than that it's nice if you have the figure for it

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    The zip is horrible. Other than that it's nice if you have the figure for it
    Yea the zip is putting me off abit, but I love the colour. I don't have any dresses in that colour - so thought hmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    If you've got the figure; go for it! It's gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice yep, you could add a waist belt with it to make it look less boring. It's a bit too much to wear to town shopping though, would be suited to a night out

(Original post by Missmeem)
    It's nice yep, you could add a waist belt with it to make it look less boring. It's a bit too much to wear to town shopping though, would be suited to a night out
    LoL Yea up town, meaning night out is what I meant lool . . not shopping!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather wear it as a night dress. And it seems to make boobs look smaller and your belly look bigger so you need to be quite skinny But I've seen many of them around lately, get something to stand out rather than to fit in I'd say

ReputationRep:
    Looks really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    LoL Yea up town, meaning night out is what I meant lool . . not shopping!
    Ooh then it's fine

ReputationRep:
    If you can pull it off

(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    I'd rather wear it as a night dress. And it seems to make boobs look smaller and your belly look bigger so you need to be quite skinny But I've seen many of them around lately, get something to stand out rather than to fit in I'd say
    Im a 34E but 10-12 dress size n 5ft 8-9- so its kinda why I haven't ordered it yet as im still iffing and butting over it, but the colour is gorg. I just wanted something different (in my wardrobe) because all I wear is two pieces, and for a change I fancy a dress.

I haven't been out in ages so I haven't seen other ladies wearing the same sorta dress, but I can imagine everyone is wearing them out at the moment.

Hmmm I will keep my eye on it and see . .see what else I come across. (Knowing my luck I don't find anything else, go to order it and its sold out . . ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Im a 34E but 10-12 dress size n 5ft 8-9- so its kinda why I haven't ordered it yet as im still iffing and butting over it, but the colour is gorg. I just wanted something different (in my wardrobe) because all I wear is two pieces, and for a change I fancy a dress.

I haven't been out in ages so I haven't seen other ladies wearing the same sorta dress, but I can imagine everyone is wearing them out at the moment.

Hmmm I will keep my eye on it and see . .see what else I come across. (Knowing my luck I don't find anything else, go to order it and its sold out . . ).
    Aren't you scared a dress like this will fall off when you're dancing? I mean, having big boobs and all that

http://www.asos.com/Oasis/Oasis-Chif...lr=Dark+Purple

I'd get something like this probably. Not anything really "special" but it's a nice dress I think! Although yes, it does look like it has arms which is a bit of a problem. But I always thought big boobies need at least some straps!

ReputationRep:
    *Yea

I like it, but as others have said it does require a particular figure.

Aren't you scared a dress like this will fall off when you're dancing? I mean, having big boobs and all that

I'd get something like this probably. Not anything really "special" but it's a nice dress I think! Although yes, it does look like it has arms which is a bit of a problem. But I always thought big boobies need at least some straps!
    I just thought perhaps seeing as got a ''chest'' to fill the cups, maybe they will be able to ''fill it'' and keep the dress up . . . :dontknow: (that was my theory anyway lol).:o:

Now THAT is hot . . although I don't like the price, but gawd . . its gorg. Thankies for posting that.

ReputationRep:

That is gorgeous! Bit pricey, though.

The one in the OP is nice, as well, but I really don't like the zip at the back. It isn't doing the dress any favours. :no:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit ordinary, but at the same time it is rather nice. I would wear it out but I think if I bought it I'd be forever trying to jazz it up and I'm not sure it'd work.

Depends what you're going for, If you wana look really nice, go for it! If you wana look stunning, find something a bit different.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, really like it :yep:
    Good price too!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.