Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am i correct in thinking I just need to fille out section 6 with address details? I can ignore the name and date of birth because i am not changing these, I've only moved house.

then send the whole v5c signed back to the dvla?

right?

thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    Am i correct in thinking I just need to fille out section 6 with address details? I can ignore the name and date of birth because i am not changing these, I've only moved house.

then send the whole v5c signed back to the dvla?

right?

thanks for any help!
    yep..

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ate/DG_4022055

Change of address only
    Complete your new address details on section six of your registration certificate:

enter your address – Post Office box addresses can only be used for companies and corporate bodies
    sign and date the ‘declaration’ box in section eight
    send the whole registration certificate to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA
    Note: If your vehicle needs taxing within the next four weeks please take the registration certificate to the Post Office® to tax and fill in section six.

ReputationRep:
    my vehicle does need taxing... to the post office with me!

so take my V11 renewal reminder and V5C to PO.... got it

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its that simple. If it's out of tax and you need to use it, tax it before you send the paperwork off for changing. The DVLA aren't the most particularly speedy organisation i've ever dealt with!

ReputationRep:
    nah tax disc expires 31/07 so I should be OK if I take it this weekend

ReputationRep:
    Up to you... I've known them take a month to turn around a friends paperwork.
    You can buy a disk 2 weeks in advance before the old one expires anyway and keep it in your history folder untill you need it.

Certainly in terms of "turnaround times", what they claim on their website doesn't neccesarily reflect reality. Suppose it's similar with most government run organisations, eh?

ReputationRep:
    so basically what i SHOULD do is take my paperwork to the PO and get a new tax disc THEN send off my V5C for amendment?

if I take my V11 to the PO do they give me my new tax disc there and then?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you've got it. Take the V11 along, your V5, insurance cert' and your MOT cert', get your disk and then bung the change of address form in the post.

That way she's still be legal on the road since that's what matters most in the eyes of winky the clown and his cronies!

ReputationRep:
    i already wrote my new address details on my v5.... will the PO get angry/refuse my tax disc as I've defaced it or something.

it does not say on my v11 that I will need my v5, only my insurance certificate (found). i don't need MOT as vehicle is under 3 yrs old.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't be a problem at all. They probably wont even open it up. If they ask at the counter just explain the situation. You're not doing anything illegal so there's no reason for them to refuse a disk.

ReputationRep:
    don't forget, you can also tax online, so if you cant get to it on time, you can always tax it online providing you jot down your document number on your v5.

ReputationRep:
    I can't as I no longer live at the address. I do have a redirection set up but I don't trust it with my tax disc.

ReputationRep:
    ah didnt realise that. fair dues.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.