Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Misconceptions you had as a child Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought that girls urinated and had babies out of their anuses.

I also thought that there were people under traffic lights that watched the cars and controlled when they changed.

My older brother told me that when you're 10 your penis falls off. I spent most of my youth worrying my penis was going to drop off.

I thought Santa would come into my room with a knife and kill me.

What were your's? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    that everyone had a **** and the other weird one i had was that when you died you went up to heaven in a bucket like on a well :\

ReputationRep:
    I spent most of my youth believing there was a God.

ReputationRep:
    That a topic like this would never exist

ReputationRep:
    The only way people could die was laying on the floor with their arms as far away from their bodies as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I believed we had loads of tiny people inside of us who worked to help us with different processes in the body.
    Ooh and I was tormented and told that the small bags of little beady things which say do not eat on them could make you lose all your hair if they touch you. Damn sister.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think cats were all females and dogs were all males and they were the same species.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodgyant)
    I spent most of my youth believing there was a God.
    I spent my childhood up until secondary school assuming that the world was Catholic. When I started there I was like, why don't we have to pray before we can go for lunch or before we can go home?

Was strange, but I'm glad that I've seen both sides of blind theism and pure atheism :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That the term for menstrual cycle was "periodic table".

I used to tell my friends when we were afraid of getting our periods, "it's alright, when we get periods, we won't get them unexpectedly because we'll know when our next one is because of the periodic table."

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I used to think that each country was a different world so when we were on the ferry i used to ask if we were in 'our world yet'

ReputationRep:
    I thought the sky was the sea (Still haven't worked that one out yet).

ReputationRep:
    Typical stuff.

Thought everyone had a ****.

ReputationRep:
    i believed we changed shape when we slept and became a sort of blob type thing then changed back when we woke up

ReputationRep:
    I geniunely thought that asian ladies wearing Bhurkas were ninjas

ReputationRep:
    I thought that dogs ate cats.

When teachers (or people in general) would say they had lost their voice, I thought when you're born you were only given a certain amount of voice, once it was used up you couldn't talk anymore, because of that I didn't talk to any of the children in year 1 and teachers thought I was Autistic...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.