What To Do.... Watch

matt4504
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey,

So I currently study Human Resources at Uni and I just wanted to ask peoples advice. Should I carry on studying my German module which I find quite difficult *I got a 2:1 this year in it* or do I switch to the safer option of something Health & Safety related which is going to be most likely the *easier* option towards me gaining a higher grade?

I know a language on the CV would be good but in the end is the employer going to prefer me to have an overall higher grade and no language?

Matt
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my opinion.. if its between a 2.1 and a first grade-wise, I'd go for the language.
shorty.loves.angels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I stuck to a language module I struggled with and I'm glad I did. I ended up with a 2.ii (not pulled down significantly by the language module though), and although I would have liked a 2.i I won't let it get in my way and I have still improved my second language.

I think you should think of what it going to be more beneficial. For example if you already speak 2 languages don't worry about a 3rd, concentrate on keeping your results high.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (133)
27.14%
No (357)
72.86%

Watched Threads