Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [Taken from port.ac.uk]

'This hall has two types of accommodation: 288 en suite rooms arranged in flats for six,with a kitchen/diner in each flat 40 studio flats for one student with en suite facilities and kitchenette.
    Facilities
    Laundry available in hall. TV lounge available at Bateson Hall.'

I'm in

And there isnt a thread for Trafalgar yet, so who else?

x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Trafalgar too !

Well happy! as its what i wanted!

11-4-4 - anyone near by ?

ReputationRep:
    Yup , floor 7. Have you guys noticed that there are 14 floors but the picture in the brochure only shows like 7 floors?

ReputationRep:
    10-2-3 for me

Am SO nervous about results day now though!

ReputationRep:
    Im in too Im on floor 10, so quite high up.

ReputationRep:
    Floor 8 Flat 4

We're all going to have nice window views though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LyssaJane-x-)
    Floor 8 Flat 4

We're all going to have nice window views though
    I think my flat is directly beneath yours, Floor 7/Flat4 lol, don't make a racket :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha awww I'm quite a quiet person really when it comes to being in my room - my mum never seems to complain! :P
    haha feel free to come up and talk to me if I'm being a bit loud and you can hear it downstairs I'm quite the considerate person

ReputationRep:
    I'm in studio flat 10-14.. anyone have any idea what that means? Is that the floor number? the flat number?? Or am I asking a really dumb question there :P xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reedyxx)
    I'm in studio flat 10-14.. anyone have any idea what that means? Is that the floor number? the flat number?? Or am I asking a really dumb question there :P xxx
    I would guess you're floor 10 flat 14. No need for a third number like me as your the only person in your flat. I think thats how it would work, does anyone else know any better?

ReputationRep:
    ahhh yes that makes sense!! Whoah I am quite high up! Same floor as you I'm sure we'll bump into each other. I intend to have as many people as over as possible to make up for the fact I'm living on my own :P xx

ReputationRep:
    ahhh yes that makes sense!! Whoah I am quite high up! Same floor as you I'm sure we'll bump into each other. I intend to have as many people as over as possible to make up for the fact I'm living on my own :P xx
    Any reason you chose to live on your own? I would feel very lonely! I guess it's better that your in halls though because you have loads of people around you to meet but maximum privacy if you want it. I hope we do bump into each other would be nice to see inside one of the upmarket studio flats :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah! Definitely.
    Well I honestly didn't think I'd get my own flat, but I must have applied at the right time and got my top choice! I would've have minded sharing, I just think I'm so used to living on my own with my own space and things, that I may as well apply for that first. I'm not really a 'private' and quiet person, but I do like my sleep haha :P When I got the letter I was worried I would be a bit lonely!! which is why I'm making sure that all parties can come back to my place for sure :P haha! xxx

ReputationRep:
    yeah! Definitely.
    Well I honestly didn't think I'd get my own flat, but I must have applied at the right time and got my top choice! I would've have minded sharing, I just think I'm so used to living on my own with my own space and things, that I may as well apply for that first. I'm not really a 'private' and quiet person, but I do like my sleep haha :P When I got the letter I was worried I would be a bit lonely!! which is why I'm making sure that all parties can come back to my place for sure :P haha! xxx
    I'm sure you won't be lonely there will be so many other people looking to make friends. I like my sleep too but am quite a heavy sleeper and used to noise in my house so should be ok :yep: I can be quite private but as i get to know people I open up and relax a bit more. Quite glad it's ensuite, any other uni and I would have probably gone for shared bathrooms, but most of them were in Langstone or catered at Portsmouth and I really didn't want those. Having my own bathroom will mean I don't have to share everything with everyone (yet )...

Looking forward to meeting everyone on tsr whos going to Portsmouth, it may feel a little odd as at the moment I can't imagine you as real people (no offence!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderKing)
    Yup , floor 7. Have you guys noticed that there are 14 floors but the picture in the brochure only shows like 7 floors?
    No I hadn't noticed. I'm guessing those floors have views of office buildings and stuff whereas at the top you can see for miles so it makes a clear picture of the building for the brochure, rather than being intermixed with other buildings. Floor 7 sounds like a nice floor to be on. Then again so does floor 10

ReputationRep:
    yeah it should be good, meeting so many new people
    haha! Yeah same. My flat is my flat... for now :P
    Yeah I know what you mean! I've met a few people on facebook too. I've got chatting with this one girl via text and we seem to be getting on well so that's good!! on tsr it is a bit weird though I guess, it's not very personal unlike facebook e.t.c
    but yay for floor 10!!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    i lived on floor 7! it was sad moving out :-(
    which flat you gonna be in? I was in 4. I know everyone who was in flat 4, 3 and 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    i lived on floor 7! it was sad moving out :-(
    which flat you gonna be in? I was in 4. I know everyone who was in flat 4, 3 and 2.
    omg im in flat 4 as well :O!

ReputationRep:
    omg im in flat 4 as well :O!
    which room? i was in 7-4-3 i know very well the people who were in room 2 and 4 aswell. room 6 is the biggest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    which room? i was in 7-4-3 i know very well the people who were in room 2 and 4 aswell. room 6 is the biggest
    yup im in 743 lol

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.