Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    part of my offer is that i have a B in gcse maths and since i had a C i had to retake it but i was basically wondering (since i recently got abit of a confusing UCAS letter) whether my university will be informed through UCAS of my GCSE results or whether i have to forward it to them, also considering that GCSE results are a week after A level (which is the impression i got from the letter).

i was also generally wondering whether id be able to go on holiday on the 28th of august for like two weeks when i start university on about the 19th september. i wouldnt have to sign anything, speak to anyone or confirm anything would i?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    urrr anyone!?!?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'll have to sign anything or speak to anyone unless you haven't met the requirements for your course, ie you're not calling to beg or having to go through clearing. I literally just got confirmation on ucas and a letter detailing the events during freshers week, other than reading the info sent there isn't anything else to do but turn up when uni starts.

I'm not sure about the gcse situation. Maybe you'll just have to wait the extra week.

If you think you've passed all of your exams, then i wouldn't be worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yead)
    i was also generally wondering whether id be able to go on holiday on the 28th of august for like two weeks when i start university on about the 19th september. i wouldnt have to sign anything, speak to anyone or confirm anything would i?
    Well, it'll be a risk. Universities will vary. For some there'll be little you need to do before you start (often letters and freshers stuff to read). For others there can be forms to fill in, accomodation to sort out, passport photographs to send. It's best to contact the university and ask them for advice. The same with your results really. I think UCAS will be informed automatically, especially if it's part of your offer, but best to check.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.