Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

a boy in my sister's class has swine flu Watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm absolutely terrified after having read the letter from her school!
    he was in the same class as her

what are the risks of her catching something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thriller)
    i'm absolutely terrified after having read the letter from her school!
    he was in the same class as her

what are the risks of her catching something?
    how old is she, has she started displaying symptoms?

ReputationRep:
    she's 9 years old.
    not that i know of, but she's going swimming tomorrow with her class...
    so is it risky if she attends?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    if it was that risky the school wouldn't let them go swimming
    just keep an eye on her, if she starts showing symptoms call you're gp

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't let her go swimming at the moment, but she should be fine otherwise.
    I think the chances of her catching it are the same as normal flu. Does the whole class normally get flu if one kid gets it?

ReputationRep:
    Its no more dangerous then normal flu. how many hundreds of people die from that in this country every year which never go reported?

ReputationRep:
    I have just recovered from swine flu. Its not that bad. My whole school had it (I go boarding school) and its nothing to worry about.
    I would rather get it now than in the winter when it will be bad, worse than now. So stop panicking about nothing and get out have fun and catch it now. you are immune then!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessieweeden)
    So stop panicking about nothing and get out have fun and catch it now. you are immune then!!!!!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8125191.stm

Now please go and be quiet.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, loads of children at my bro's school has it including 3 in his class. For the most part, it is NOT a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8125191.stm

Now please go and be quiet.
    **** off, Its not bad and the swine flu partys are what my doctor and school nurse believed was best, and we are all fine.
    So you shut the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessieweeden)
    **** off, Its not bad and the swine flu partys are what my doctor and school nurse believed was best, and we are all fine.
    So you shut the **** up.
    Great well supported arguement, thankyou for your contribution.

ReputationRep:
    A person in my school got it over the weekend (on friday night quite a few of us including me were sat really close to him for 2 hours in a nice warm environment ) and so the school has told us all to keep our personal hygeine up. Most of us have alcahol hand gel now:P

It's flu ffs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.