The Student Room Group

Wisdom teeth

I'm so miserable right now. I had my upper wisdom teeth removed a year ago, but the lower ones weren't taken out cos they were too close to a nerve which meant I could lose the feeling in my lower lip. They also never really came through properly so they're still half buried in my gum. This meant it was almost impossible to clean them properly and I basically forgot about them for a while. Until now - I have realised they're all grey/black and my breath is really bad, which must be because of my wisdom teeth. I have to go on a waiting list to have them removed apparently but I can see an emergency dentist next week. Would he be able to drill them or something, just to get rid of the disgusting smell?
Sounds like you do have rotting teeth yes, horrible things wisdom teeth mine give me grief aswell.

Im sure they will look at them and then do the best they can with them, they may file them down somewhat or just leave them, for the time being i think mints is the best option to try and keep the smell away.

And better oral hygiene :smile:
Reply 2
carry breath strips, mints or something like that with you at all times, use them specially after lunch and dinner. Ive kind of the same problem and the only way ive been able to cure is by brushing and mints.
Reply 3
and oh by the way ive got all four of my wisdom teeth...dunno why i am telling this though
Ye he can probably drill and fill them... They sound rotten to me.. Tell him they are causing you pain and you will get it done there and then!
mines still growing and im 19 man i hate them i have no clue why god decided to give them to us i mean its not as though we don't have enough tooth's already!!!! the pain the torture i have to through me old man got rid all four of his
Reply 6
Mine have been growing for like 2 years now, mega annoying
Sounds like you have really bad decay, if its sever they may end up taking them out but the dentist told me its a little tricky. Just hope for the best :smile:

I have to get 4 back teeth out cause "apparently" my mouths too small to fit my wisdom teeth but IMO if i didn't have enough space for them then they wouldn't grow in.
Gah I hate dentists!!!!
Wisdom teeth are a real pain...all 4 of mine are coming out at the same time so Im in agony most of the time....5 months and not one has fully come out yet.....shame they dont really make you wise or it'd be worth the pain lol.
Reply 9
so when scientists say man has 32 teeth, is it with or without wisdom teeth??

Latest

Trending

Trending