Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So it's been over a month for some of us since we finished our exams, less than a month for others.

Sure we all been partying and holidaying hard till the unexpected workload of uni.

Hows everyone feeling about results day now some of us have had the chance to forget about it?

(not i said some)

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Meh. And meh.

Got a back up plan so I'm ok =)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942916

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified and feeling very pessimistic about it. I don't even wanna think about it, to make things worse I heard on the radio that Universities and UCAS predict that thousands will miss out on University this year (those who go through clearing).

So yeah, I'm terrified.

ReputationRep:
    not really that happy its comming up soon

ReputationRep:
    HOLYCRAPOMGWTFAAARGH:eek3: ...basically.

Just trying not to think about it :\

ReputationRep:
    Scared as **** :eek2:

Can I has AAB please? :flutter:
    I NEED AN A IN PSYCHOLOGY OR MY LIFE WILL BE OVER! I seriously can't take re-sitting it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Meh. Meh. And meh.

Got a back up plan so I'm ok =)
    I had a back up plan when I was waiting for results... out of interest, mind if I ask yours?? :bigsmile:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'm trying to forget about it... I'm absolutely terrified in case things didn't go how I want them to. I won't sleep the night before [that's for sure].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    I had a back up plan when I was waiting for results... out of interest, mind if I ask yours?? :bigsmile:
    Going to take a Access course instead :yep: And maybe do joint honours instead and re-takes if needed...

Yours is?

ReputationRep:
    ******** myself really! - I'll have to get extremely drunk the night before to ease me to sleep lol

ReputationRep:
    Going to take a Access course instead :yep: And maybe do joint honours instead and re-takes if needed...

Yours is?
    That sounds very well planned!

I've actually just finished at uni! But when I was waiting for my A level results I convinced myself that I wasn't going to get on the course. I didn't want to be at school anymore so I decided I'd try something completely different and apply to be in the fire brigade or paramedics. Nothing like the course I'd applied to at uni!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds very well planned!

I've actually just finished at uni! But when I was waiting for my A level results I convinced myself that I wasn't going to get on the course. I didn't want to be at school anymore so I decided I'd try something completely different and apply to be in the fire brigade or paramedics. Nothing like the course I'd applied to at uni!
    Awesome... the country needs more people to save lives :woo:
    So what did you study? And where?

And yeah, I convince myself I would fail my GCSEs... so was thinking of re-takes at college haha.

But my c/w was crap this year...

ReputationRep:
    Awesome... the country needs more people to save lives :woo:
    So what did you study? And where?

And yeah, I convince myself I would fail my GCSEs... so was thinking of re-takes at college haha.

But my c/w was crap this year...
    I studied human biology at Lough uni. I loved the course and I'd do it all over again if I had to

In fact, I am still interested in working in a hospital environment, so still contributing to life saving treatment! But I've never had a job in a science environment so I've just been offered a science technician post in a college!!! I plan to work my way up while I'm happy there and then in the future look towards applying to be a clinical scientist! <--- My ambition atm :yep: I also want to work voluntarily at Lough Uni during the summer (like I'm doing this year) in the labs so I still have hands on experience while I'm not at work, something extra for brownie points on my CV and being able to contribute to research

ReputationRep:
    I studied human biology at Lough uni. I loved the course and I'd do it all over again if I had to

In fact, I am still interested in working in a hospital environment, so still contributing to life saving treatment! But I've never had a job in a science environment so I've just been offered a science technician post in a college!!! I plan to work my way up while I'm happy there and then in the future look towards applying to be a clinical scientist! <--- My ambition atm :yep: I also want to work voluntarily at Lough Uni during the summer (like I'm doing this year) in the labs so I still have hands on experience while I'm not at work, something extra for brownie points on my CV and being able to contribute to research
    Sounds awesome :yep: I was thinking of becoming a OT but switched to psychology for uni... plan to be a teacher at college now (not original I know, but oh well)...

Sounds like a good plan (Y)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.