Turn on thread page Beta

Uni - Did you gain or loose weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    When you went to uni did you gain weight or loose weight?!

A lot of my friends have come back home quite a lot heavier..and yet complain they haven't enough money for food....

ReputationRep:
    That's because junk food is cheap and fast. Healthy food can be cheap, but it takes effort to prepare and isn't as cheap as junk food.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm gonna starve at uni.. can't cook to save my life.

ReputationRep:
    Gain - A LOT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Gained too many bloody spaghetti hoops in first year...

ReputationRep:
    Gained weight just because of take aways to fill the void left by dinner as catered food isn't eatable most of the time

ReputationRep:
    I started university a size 12. Over the course of the first and second years I stayed the same, then I dropped weight dramatically to a 6 or 7 over the summer after second year. By the time I finished university this April I was back to an 11 or 12.

ReputationRep:
    I went to uni

11st 11lbs

then shrank to 10st 12lbs because I couldn't afford to eat

then went up to 12st 8lbs cos i ate too much

now 11st 11st

aint that some ****?

ReputationRep:
    Gained

ReputationRep:
    Lost, though not a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    That's because junk food is cheap and fast. Healthy food can be cheap, but it takes effort to prepare and isn't as cheap as junk food.
    & maybe cause they spend the money on alcohol instead of decent food, thus piling on the pint pounds!

ReputationRep:
    Lost.

Damn mothers home having goodies in the cupboards. I've gained so much weight over this summer :'(

ReputationRep:
    First year I gained, second year I lost, this year I'll probably stay about the same.

ReputationRep:
    Lost a lot...but that's more to do with illness than anything else.

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    Gained in 1st semster, as I felt the need to get my moneys worth in hall food.

Lost it again in second semester, as I realised how bad the standard of hall food actually was.

ReputationRep:
    I think for the drinkers amongst us, half the weight gained is purely from freshers week alone haha

ReputationRep:
    Lost a stone!

ReputationRep:
    A third into my uni life and I've gained 9 pounds. Extrapolate that and obesity here I come!

ReputationRep:
    gaaaained. damn alcohol.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'd be interested to know, if people were catered or self catered when they lost/gained?

I would expect weight gain for catered as when i've paid for school lunch in advance I've always felt the need to eat my monnies worth.. and hence put on weight

but when I was buying my own school lunch I lost weight... I used to spend 70p on lunch!! (cuppa soup and one/two slices of toast!!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.