Uni - Did you gain or loose weight? Watch

Lemons
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I gained a stone in my first term, mainly from kebabs and alcohol. Every other term I've gained a few pounds but I've stopped drinking so much and hardly ever have kebabs or chips.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I gained weight, although that was mainly because I was hardly eating anything before I went and then went crazy eating things I hadn't let myself eat for years.
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cpj1987)
I was self-catered.
Did u have a loss or gain of weight tho?

and thanks for the rep
Miss Mary
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I gained
Hunnii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll let you know when I get there.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rainbowbex)
Did u have a loss or gain of weight tho?

and thanks for the rep
Wrote it earlier in the thread.

And no problem, sorry for the wait on it.
mickeyfit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I gained weight - I was always broke, but pasta is the staple diet of all students, and pasta 5 days a week will definitely make you gain weight!!! Not to mention junk food... an awful lot of junk food
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lost weight Not much, but enough to make me happy.
Tyraell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I ate much more (catered) but lost a little weight. :confused:
Sishii
Report 9 years ago
Lol... all my friends started uni in Feb and they're all complaining about 'first year spread'... I expect I might lose weight to start with because I get overexcited when I have a tiny ounce of independence and forget to eat most of the time I'm away from home :/ Also, I'm stingy against myself, so you can bet I'll be eyeing the price of everything verrrry closely. We'll see...
LA_0909
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Went down two dress sizes between September-February. Mainly because I was eating what I wanted to eat (not what my mum wanted to) so ate healthier and went to the gym 3 times a week.

Then stress/exams, more partying post exams made me put on weight...back to my original size in September

Planning on going back down to the weight I was in February over summer and maintaining that over the year!
Last edited by LA_0909; 9 years ago
hec
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
at first, lost bout a stone, then gained about a stone and a half
TJH89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I gained about 8lbs in the first three or four months (went up from 10st 3lb to 10st 11lb); then my weight averaged out. I've been around 11st 2 - 11st 3lb since around January. I can cook for myself, and tried to balance my meals out in terms of nutrients etc as well as doing a 1 hour gym session 3-4 times a week which helped a lot.
Georgiahoneybee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gained. I was 9 stone when I left for uni- first year, I gained 10 pounds , then lost 3/4 pounds and all through second year I haven't budged from around 9.5 stone- but I think that's just because I joined the gym!
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lost, and this was despite getting most of my daily calories from chocolate in first year :awesome: Study screws up my sleep cycle, which means I generally only have dinner in hall. Also I chose a policy in first year of never going for junk in hall (which they often serve) so if I have to choose between burger and chips or plain chicken breast and brocolli I now always go for the latter out of habit. I just knew if I didn't have an absolute rule that I operated by without thinking I'd turn into a blimp. Additionally I started using a gym for the first time in my life during exam term of my first year just to try and get a bit of fresh air and a change from sitting in a chair at the books. I've managed to keep the habit up, so overall its been a big improvement. I'm somewhere between a stone or half a stone lighter than when I matriculated.
Many other people in my college became noticeably fat. I blame living off of the tastier but massively unhealthy options in hall.
lostdoll
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I gained a bit... I don't think the scales have shifted that much but I've noticed some trousers are tighter, and my dad has commented that I've put on weight (whether it suits me or not *glare*).

I think it's more alcohol than anything else. I eat healthier at uni than I do at home, and joined the gym.
looosey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I came back half a stone lighter, and I still haven't put all of it back on. Not really sure how that happened! I walk a lot, I suppose, but I'm known for having a huge appetite.
MrCynical
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lost a bit in the first couple of terms, but put it back on and then some later on.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thread title should be "lose weight" [/pedant]
Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Went to uni almost 11st. Decided a couple of months later I needed scales: I was just under 9st. o_o
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (39)
97.5%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (1)
2.5%

Watched Threads