Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Block someone on facebook chat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is this possible? So far the only method I use it to go offline, but sometimes I like to talk with people I don't have on my messenger but are on my friends list. But there's this person I don't want to talk to.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you dont want to talk to them deleate them from your friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Is this possible? So far the only method I use it to go offline, but sometimes I like to talk with people I don't have on my messenger but are on my friends list. But there's this person I don't want to talk to.

Thanks.
    I think you can put someone you don't want to talk to into a separate friend group. Then when you bring up the facebook chat it brings up all your friend groups and there's a green switch thing above each group you can press that means you can't see them, and presumably that they can't see/contact you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayrt)
    If you dont want to talk to them deleate them from your friends?
    This is the only way or get other peoples emails off their profile and add them on msn.

ReputationRep:
    Delete is the only option tbh...

Or just ignoring them.

ReputationRep:
    :indiff: oh my days. Get a grip. Please. It's Facebook.

Tell them to leave you alone?

ReputationRep:
    The only way i can think of is to make a group (click on the 'options' button in the chat window) then click on the little green blob next to the new group and this should make the people in this group see you as offline..

if you don't understand this then quote me and i'll give you some screenshots to help explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    I think you can put someone you don't want to talk to into a separate friend group. Then when you bring up the facebook chat it brings up all your friend groups and there's a green switch thing above each group you can press that means you can't see them, and presumably that they can't see/contact you.
    damn, beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    The only way i can think of is to make a group (click on the 'options' button in the chat window) then click on the little green blob next to the new group and this should make the people in this group see you as offline..

if you don't understand this then quote me and i'll give you some screenshots to help explain
    Thanks La Songeuse and MazMaz. I've created a new group and it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Delete is the only option tbh...

Or just ignoring them.
    Why do people answer questions that they don't actually know the answer to?

Put them in a seperate friends group, and then just appear offline to that group.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is a very interesting place for social engineering to happen..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.