Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could witness a specific moment in history... Watch

ReputationRep:
    When Moses read out the 10 commandments.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt really want to be there for jfks death or that of gandhi as i think that would be rather depressing. id prefer something like the collapse of the belrin wall, or maybe when nelson mandela was released from prison. these would be enjoyable moments to be a part of

ReputationRep:
    the events surrounding Stalin's death.

ReputationRep:
    The Titanic's final voyage and sinking.

ReputationRep:
    Military trips of King Sventoslav.
    :medieval: :russia:

ReputationRep:
    Jim Morrison or John Bonham's death.
    Any one of them. No preference.

ReputationRep:
    The Titanic's final voyage and sinking.

*applause*

Good choice mate!

ReputationRep:
    I actually did this myself. I was unhappy when the queen was shot dead in early 2008, so I went back in history and saved her. Of course, you can't remember this because my actions changed the course of history.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, disregard my former D-Day post.

The Christmas Truce of 1915 (probably the most historic football match in history) would be a good one. I'd love to see if it went to penalties.

ReputationRep:
    The murder of Julius Caesar? That'd be something.
    Forget the death of Michael Jackson - who killed the two princes in the tower?
    The sinking of the Mary Rose? Elizabeth I and the Armada?

On a more abstract note - the moment the first ever monarch took up rule. I wonder how it went...? "look here you chaps, I'm in charge because I say so. Now do whatever I order. Chin chin!"

ReputationRep:
    Charles I execution

Or anywhere listening to Chamberlain's famous message to the nation when we went to war with Germany

ReputationRep:
    Christmas Eve 1801
    Location - Camborne, Cornwall
    Event - Richard Trevithick testing out his engine up Camborne hill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortRef)
    this

And then I get to catch the person that shot him! Then I would be remebered forever.
    I like how you want to be the person to catch the perpetrator, but not the person who actually stops the assassination and saves the president.

I'd like to see the charge of the light brigade to see if it lives up to Tennyson's description.

ReputationRep:
    Witness the 9/11 attacks first hand (seeing the actual crashes from the street)
    Debates/Discussions between Tesla,Twain & Edison
    JFK & Monroe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Witness the 9/11 attacks first hand (seeing the actual crashes from the street)
    I wouldnt really want to see this

ReputationRep:
    Maybe watching people try to kill Rasputin?

Thermopylae could be interesting, according to 300.

Also, Hendrix playing the US national anthem at Woodstock, that'd be something...

ReputationRep:
    who stole the cookie from the cookie jar from the cupboard a few hours ago. which brother was it? i need to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    who stole the cookie from the cookie jar from the cupboard a few hours ago. which brother was it? i need to know.
    It's always my dad

ReputationRep:
    With Napoleon at the Battle of Austerlitz.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.