The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
they are running 8 weeks behind so you will probably get it a few weeks after you start uni now
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
milner001
they are running 8 weeks behind so you will probably get it a few weeks after you start uni now

Is the tuition fee due at the start of the year? If it is what will I have to do regarding that and accommodation. Pray that the loan arrives? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Think the Tuition fee gets paid in mid-term, although I'll have to double check that for you. As for your accommodation yes praying, if your loan money covers the accommodation costs.
Reply 4
FullyITFC
Think the Tuition fee gets paid in mid-term, although I'll have to double check that for you. As for your accommodation yes praying, if your loan money covers the accommodation costs.

Ah right, thanks :smile: Yeah, I've saved up a little bit which might just cover it until I recieve the loan.
Reply 5
if you speak to them they may be sympathetic as i'm sure it has happened to others. I applied at the end of may and still haven't heard back from student finance
Reply 6
Well what could be a good idea to do Nerve is to make sure that you've set up a student account and that you have the overdraft to rely on. That way if you don't get the money straight away, it'll come out of your overdraft and at least they'll have the money. Then when you get the loan, it'll counter-act your overdraft and all will be normal :smile:
Reply 7
in my first year i didnt fill out my application forms untill mid August since i didnt apply till uni until june. I still got all my first loan installment on time with no problems, i think the deadlines and stuff are scaremongering to make you get it in just in case

my opinion, you should be fine
Reply 8
Andy_ryan
in my first year i didnt fill out my application forms untill mid August since i didnt apply till uni until june. I still got all my first loan installment on time with no problems, i think the deadlines and stuff are scaremongering to make you get it in just in case

my opinion, you should be fine

Scaremongering...at college that's all they did to us! Me and Nerve went to the same college so you can probably see why he's worried :P
Reply 9
but they are taking at least 8 weeks this year now so its obviously not just scaremongering. Don't worry about it though as long as you have enough saved to pay accomadation deposit i'm sure they will be understanding as you won't be the first guy this has happened to
I think I've been fortunate and got mine done only just on time but I'm prepared just incase. They're never in a hurry when it comes to giving out money.

Latest

Trending

Trending