Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you won 120 million on the lottery, would it ruin your life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I'd make a 3 way account with my Mum and Dad - None of this give them a set amount of money. We all have a card to the account. If anyone needs anything. They are free to do so. Only problem with that kinda of money, is my brother. He's family, but I can see him telling everyone how much money the family now has or so. Which could potentially ruin my life if the world were to find out. But he's young and might change...

I'd quit my job and live a great life. I'd have an M5 and so on, houses all over the world and do what I want. It would most certainly not ruin my life!

Regarding friends, I've know them for years upons years, since young in school. I'd ask them who'd be up for sacrificing University and jobs and just come round the world with me for a year or two. Without telling them I'm 120 million up. See who agrees. They'd be the ones I'd probably end up with being the real friends. I know who my better friends are in the group anyways. For anyone that choses to stay, they can do. And once they complete uni they'd get a nice amount of cash and everything paid off for and make sure they get a nice job at the end of it. They wouldn't get to know until they were done though

I could quite easily trust most of my friends. And I'd have great fun with them and 120 million!

Best post in a long time:yep: Probably what I would do too but............M5? What are you thinking

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

I wouldn't tell anybody execpt my very close family and I'd invest it wisely! Also, I'd still work otherwise I'd be bored out of my mind and I need some 'purpose'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornford4)
    Best post in a long time:yep: Probably what I would do too but............M5? What are you thinking
    Cheers

Where's the rep for it? :cool: Haha

Errr, ever since I saw it on Top Gears years ago it's been my dream 'more achievable than the rest' car... Dunno why

I'd have more, don't worry... 120 mil... Plenty more yea

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't ruin my life because I wouldn't tell anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it all to charity....naaaat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Wouldn't it be more ethical just to give the remainder to charity, rather than wasting an absurdly high amount of money on splitting it up so that your annual income is half the average salary of the country :/

why do you want to live in poverty?
    Perhaps it would be more ethical yes, but I'd rather do all the giving away of money at the end of my life when I'm sure nobody I care about needs it for anything - and not to organised charity at all.
    I don't consider 1000 a month to be poverty. I live very happily on less now.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't ruin my life but I'd be confused what to spend on first!
    Probably a massive holiday for my family, then again another holiday with my friends! Probably a new car :p: and clothes haha.

But yes, I'd share accounts with my parents, not my sister as she would be a bit naive and young with such money readily available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    If I won that kind of money I'd be richer than all of the third world countries put together, which is slightly wrong imo.

No you wouldn't you moron. 3rd world counties are still worth billions. Get some perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yamcha)
    No you wouldn't you moron. 3rd world counties are still worth billions. Get some perspective.
    They've got a funny way of showing they're worth that much, don't you think?

Please don't call me a moron.

ReputationRep:
    I would try to keep it 'somewhat' quiet as in i would not go on the tele/ newspapers saying i cant believe I have won that much money. My first move would probably be paying off my mum and dads house, buying my sisters houses (still in my name), sort out my grandparents and my aunty and uncle that are special to me. I would then proceed to buy a £3m flat/ penthouse in london, a penthouse in New York, Paris, Sydney, Dubai and then I would buy houses in my hometown and then a nice country house in all of the countries I had penthouses in. ID probably proceed to go shopping and then I would take say my closest friends shopping. I would still go to university to study as an architect but I would not have to worry about uni fees and I would live in one of the nicer flats but still with otehr people. I would then probably work at an architects firm for a bit, get bored then set up my own.

After having my own portfolio of housing, cars and other goods I would probably set up one or two businesses that are hobbies such as an aquarium shop ( i like fish 8-) ) and maybe a smallish aarchitects practice.

I think you would still need something to keep you occupied even if you did take 5 years out to just enjoy yourself as you would get bored at somepoint. You need a challenge no matter what!

ReputationRep:
    Id just keep the amount quite personnally im not going into my career for money so id still work just not the same number of hours etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.