Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive been caught doing 62mph in a 30mph zone im facing a court and driving ban, anyway i can get out of this i cant face not driving

ReputationRep:
    Your nickname suits you very well.

(Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Your nickname suits you very well.
    Arrghh... you beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, unlucky mate. Bet the copper was well cocky as when I got caught doing 41 in a 30 he was like "41 is a bit fast dont you think"

62 is pretty disgraceful tho.

ReputationRep:
    Depends How long have you had your licence and what was the last thing you got pinched for?

If you are lucky it may only be a few weeks ban. Sometimes you can offset the ban by paying a bigger fine. However, your wallet won't like it, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divinelord)
    Arrghh... you beat me to it
    Haha. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Have you not been offered a speed awareness course? My boyfriend got offered one when he got caught speeding and it meant he didn't get any points/ban, just a small fine to go with it I think. It might have been because of his situation though!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you get a ban.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You're over 100% of the limit. Pick up your license and wave goodby to it.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: 62 in a 30 is stupidly dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    the road was clear its not fair its the 2nd time this month ive been done

ReputationRep:
    Time to buy a bike.

EDIT: Haha, thanks for the neg, it's not often I get called a 'silly bint' :p:

How can you even hit 60 on a 30 road?

ReputationRep:
    On yer bike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    oh dear, unlucky mate. Bet the copper was well cocky as when I got caught doing 41 in a 30 he was like "41 is a bit fast dont you think"

62 is pretty disgraceful tho.
    Unlucky....

Yes it would have been unlucky if he hit a child going over 60mph in a 30 zone, that would be pretty unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    Time to buy a bike.
    **** u ***** i asked 4 advice on how to get away with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Have you not been offered a speed awareness course? My boyfriend got offered one when he got caught speeding and it meant he didn't get any points/ban, just a small fine to go with it I think. It might have been because of his situation though!
    That's more for people just a few mph over the limit to be honest. Doesn't really apply in this case.

ReputationRep:
    Was it the type of road that should be a 30, or is it the type of road that should be much higher than a 30?

I would judge you, but since it seems to be completely uninformed morons who decide what the speed limit should be, I have no basis on which to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    How can you even hit 60 on a 30 road?
    Are you serious?

Loads of roads round here where you could manage it easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdumb)
    **** u ***** i asked 4 advice on how to get away with it
    My advice is useful for when you don't get away with it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.