Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ive been caught doing 62mph in a 30mph zone im facing a court and driving ban, anyway i can get out of this i cant face not driving

ReputationRep:
    Your nickname suits you very well.

(Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Your nickname suits you very well.
    Arrghh... you beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, unlucky mate. Bet the copper was well cocky as when I got caught doing 41 in a 30 he was like "41 is a bit fast dont you think"

62 is pretty disgraceful tho.

ReputationRep:
    Depends How long have you had your licence and what was the last thing you got pinched for?

If you are lucky it may only be a few weeks ban. Sometimes you can offset the ban by paying a bigger fine. However, your wallet won't like it, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divinelord)
    Arrghh... you beat me to it
    Haha. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Have you not been offered a speed awareness course? My boyfriend got offered one when he got caught speeding and it meant he didn't get any points/ban, just a small fine to go with it I think. It might have been because of his situation though!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you get a ban.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You're over 100% of the limit. Pick up your license and wave goodby to it.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: 62 in a 30 is stupidly dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    the road was clear its not fair its the 2nd time this month ive been done

ReputationRep:
    Time to buy a bike.

EDIT: Haha, thanks for the neg, it's not often I get called a 'silly bint' :p:

How can you even hit 60 on a 30 road?

ReputationRep:
    On yer bike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    oh dear, unlucky mate. Bet the copper was well cocky as when I got caught doing 41 in a 30 he was like "41 is a bit fast dont you think"

62 is pretty disgraceful tho.
    Unlucky....

Yes it would have been unlucky if he hit a child going over 60mph in a 30 zone, that would be pretty unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    Time to buy a bike.
    **** u ***** i asked 4 advice on how to get away with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Have you not been offered a speed awareness course? My boyfriend got offered one when he got caught speeding and it meant he didn't get any points/ban, just a small fine to go with it I think. It might have been because of his situation though!
    That's more for people just a few mph over the limit to be honest. Doesn't really apply in this case.

ReputationRep:
    Was it the type of road that should be a 30, or is it the type of road that should be much higher than a 30?

I would judge you, but since it seems to be completely uninformed morons who decide what the speed limit should be, I have no basis on which to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    How can you even hit 60 on a 30 road?
    Are you serious?

Loads of roads round here where you could manage it easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdumb)
    **** u ***** i asked 4 advice on how to get away with it
    My advice is useful for when you don't get away with it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.