Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going? It's on the 9th I think :woo:

And errrm, how do you get to it from the station?

ReputationRep:
    Which station are you talking about?

Central? Queen Street? Subway stations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Anyone going? It's on the 9th I think :woo:

And errrm, how do you get to it from the station?
    If from Queen St Station you'll go from Buchanan Subway (I believe there is a connecting walkway between the two) and if from Central then you can either go from Buchanan or St Enoch. You'll get off at Hillhead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    If from Queen St Station you'll go from Buchanan Subway (I believe there is a connecting walkway between the two) and if from Central then you can either go from Buchanan or St Enoch. You'll get off at Hillhead.
    Could have been one of any number of stations though :s.

Partick?

Charing Cross?

Both of which are closer than Queen Street and Central!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Could have been one of any number of stations though :s.

Partick?

Charing Cross?

Both of which are closer than Queen Street and Central!
    The OP posted in the James Watt college thread, so it's most likely they are on the Glasgow Central train line. I could be entirely wrong, in which case the OP should really come back and clarify, but for most people outside of Glasgow it will either be Central or Queen St as their terminus and then they can either catch a bus or get the subway.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'll be coming up from the Ayr train :P

So, just a small walk?

ReputationRep:
    If you're getting the train into Central Station (as opposed to Queen Street which I assume you would from Ayr?), then the quickest way is probably to head towards Buchanan Street, jump on the subway, get the Outer Circle to Hillhead, take a left on to Byres Road, take another left up University Avenue.. and then if you get yourself a copy of the campus map (link below) you can navigate yourself to specific uni buildings from there.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/locationm...maincampusmap/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Yes, I'll be coming up from the Ayr train :P

So, just a small walk?
    It's a two minute walk from Central to St Enoch station (probably quicker than going to Buchanan, and going under the bridge will keep you out of the rain for that bit longer!) Buy your ticket, hop on the inner circle and then get off at Hillhead. The journey should take about ten minutes. Then once at Hillhead turn left on exiting and head along to the traffic lights and go left again. If you ever get lost then either ask someone or simply make your way towards the tower and then you'll be at the main gate.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks all ^^

Can't wait to see the uni. Hoping to do biomed there.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know, biology is based in the Boyd Orr building (go along University Avenue and it's the first building on the left that's not houses, the tall building). Make sure you have a good look around there because it's not the most attractive of buildings. Obviously you'll have lectures elsewhere, but it's worth noting that in your later years it's where you'll spend a lot of time.

ReputationRep:
    The one on the 9th of september? I should be going, i think that's the say i go back to school though lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming on the 11th...looks like I'll be missing everything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.