The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Most people seem to have died "WITH swine flu", rather than "OF swine flu", so I'm really not all that worried. However, I will be going to uni and living in halls, so am worried that it might knock me out of classes/social stuff for a while! Two things I'm worrying about for the uni I'm going to - major flooding and illness (generally, not just swine flu).
Reply 21
I'll deliberately expose all those around me to it, then my odds of contracting it are much lower.
Reply 22
Yeah... winter is flu season, and swine FLU is a flu...
Reply 23
I don't believe swine flu exists , i'm hopping this gives me some kind of immunity to it.
Reply 24
Who cares? It's like the common Flu FFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!11!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111!

It's fecking harmless goddammit!
Reply 25
im so academic
Apparently. :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8150609.stm

I mean, who comes up with this ****?

Before, 100,000 every day will get it until the end of August, now they're saying around 20million will get in a few months and it'll last for years...

This is ********! It's never going to happen!

Whatever next?

It's really pissing me off now - seriously.

I mean, do you believe this, honestly?

Well, given that the although the meid awill go with the more outlandish estimates, its based on predictions by experts, not some person on the internet who has a feeling otherwise.

a few months ago you didn't believe its spreading at the rate it is now did you?
lm_wfc
Well, given that the although the meid awill go with the more outlandish estimates, its based on predictions by experts, not some person on the internet who has a feeling otherwise.

a few months ago you didn't believe its spreading at the rate it is now did you?

Personally, I think it's not even that bad... Just a few people here and there getting it. We're not even at 1million yet, so the rate it is now is pretty comfortable.
Most probably have already had it and just not noticed. They had some expert guy on the news today who basically just said "If you have a runny nose stay at home, do nothing, you will get better in a few days, don't worry about it" and the reporter looked hacked off that her big tragic story had been ruined
taigan
when's the vaccine coming out??

Swine flu is just like any other flu, people have gotten over it within days. Also this already was out in 1976, and they used the media as propaganda to get people vaccinated. It's pointless. Why should it mutate in the autumn to become worse? Did bird flu? did spanish flu? did SARS? no.
What's the real reason behind "swine flu". Hmm.....

See link for propaganda swine flu 1976: (funny how history repeats its self)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11zI6WDnLk
Reply 29
Kaddybong
Swine flu is just like any other flu, people have gotten over it within days. Also this already was out in 1976, and they used the media as propaganda to get people vaccinated. It's pointless. Why should it mutate in the autumn to become worse? Did bird flu? did spanish flu? did SARS? no.
What's the real reason behind "swine flu". Hmm.....

See link for propaganda swine flu 1976: (funny how history repeats its self)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11zI6WDnLk

The Spanish Flu virus did mutate in its second wave to become more virulent.
Reply 30
1/3 will get it, but 3/3 dont care.
Reply 31
so?
So far figures suggest that 1 in 3 people who come into contact with the disease get it. This is being translated by the media as 1 in 3 will get it.
It's a changing virus so no-one can accurately predict it, but given the amount it is spreading n the summer this doesn't seem to far-fetched.
Everyone must know of times when a bug has hit your school and half the kids and teachers have been off sick. It doesn't matter what bug it is, the effect is quite obvious. The government is taking neccessary precautions to treat people asap to reduce the effect.
Swine flu IS spreading fast, but atm is not that serious.
IF swine flu mutates to be more deadly then further measures should be taken.
At the moment treating it like a contagious illness seems to be the best plan. Stay at home if you have it, and call the doctor for medicine if you feel you need it.
I haven't been ill for ages, not going to bother now either.
Reply 33
D3M!
I don't believe swine flu exists , i'm hopping this gives me some kind of immunity to it.

I agree. Technically I think you're correct.

Positive thinking and all that jazz. If people think they are going to get ill, they probably will.
Reply 34
LastLordofTime
Most people seem to have died "WITH swine flu", rather than "OF swine flu", so I'm really not all that worried. However, I will be going to uni and living in halls, so am worried that it might knock me out of classes/social stuff for a while! Two things I'm worrying about for the uni I'm going to - major flooding and illness (generally, not just swine flu).

major flooding?
Not bothered about it, tbh. I was laughing today when someone told me London has it's own special strand of swine flu.

Whatever happens, happens. Getting worked up over it won't stop me catching it or kill it. *shrugs*
This is more scaremongering by the fascist labour party trying to distract us from their crappy government with stupid stories about "a flu which has all the symptoms of flu but it isn´t normal flu, it´s SWINE flu :redface:"

give me a break
Reply 37
2012 apocalypse truth.
Hanoi
2012 apocalypse truth.

You have got to be joking... :s-smilie:
I wasn't scared when it was a small thing and one person had caught it and I'm not scared now. The time I might be a little worried is when I'm on a hospital bed wired up to many machines caused by the flu. Til then, bring it on!! :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending