Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you get into an 18+ movie? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i got into it and im 16 :P its so funny first 20 mins is non stop laughs you will like

ReputationRep:
    I kind of assume you're going to cineworld or somewhere similar. They're not really that strict on IDs anyway. Anyway, there's loads of ways to do it. Ask someone in the queue who's clearly over 18 to buy their tickets, if your friends buy theirs. Get tickets to a different screening and sneak in. Go all together and hope they don't ask for all your IDs - if they do, just plead with them, do the old "Of course it's just... hold on.. I could have sworn I put it in here.." routine..

Failing that, there is a 15 rated version. Unless you -really- want to see the penis' I'm sure it won't make that much difference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Serial-Kisser)
    Basically I'm going to cinemas with several friends to watch bruno tomorrow and some of my mates are not 18 yet and don't even look it! How do you propose I get them into the movie theatre?
    paint them some beards and let them wear sunglasses o.O.

There's going to be a 15+ version of it that's coming out soon.

ReputationRep:
    they are bringing out a 15 version of bruno next week if that helps?

ReputationRep:
    a bunch of us went to go and see bruno the other day and everyone except for my boyfriend were 18. they asked us all for id, but my boyfriend just said sorry he didnt have it on him (why would anyone take id to the cinema with them anyway?) and they let him in anyway. failing that, you could always wait till the 15 version comes out- i think its this friday

good luck!
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Buy a ticket for another film which they can get into which is at the same time.

Then they can go in for that film, wait 5 mins, exit that cinema and move into the Bruno cinema. Simples.

Download it off the internet and make it into a DvD problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    Just go see the 15 cert version, unless you are really bothered about seeing the minute that has been lost, i hear it has full version nudity and everything, which you defiantly can not see on the internet. (i don't mean the bruno bit, just in general)

ReputationRep:
    If you prebook tickets, some cinemas have an electronic ticket machine that you use to get your tickets. So there's no need to speak to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    if its vue your stuffed tbh :P by a ticket for another one and sneak in :P

ReputationRep:
    buy tickets for a different movie and then pretend to go to the toilet. when no one is looking, run for your life to the bruno room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Download it off the internet and make it into a DvD problem solved.
    No...(your not meant to say stuff like that! :eek3: )

I'd get into an 18 by being 18...simpelz!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the desk and say these words and 99% of the time you'll get a ticket "Bruno plz" hehe lol
    When I went I said "Borat plz" and the boy said "sorry youll need to go to the dvd store for that" it took me a minute to get what he meant lol

ReputationRep:
    Make a fake ID

ReputationRep:
    I got into it fine, they did ask for ID but there were 5 of us and 3 had (admittedly fake) ID so they showed theirs and us other two fumbled about in our bag a bit and she forgot which ones she'd seen and not seen so just gave us the tickets.
    Although she counted 18 as "born in 1991 or before" so I might have even got away with showing real ID, who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Gees....the english sure are strict with their licensing laws.
    I've never been asked for i.d at a cinema before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    Buy tickets for a PG film and sneak into Bruno. You'll be okay, so long as they don't have people on the doors to the individuals screenings.

Yeah, do this OP. Real big emphasis on "sneak". If you get caught, you'll be chucked out.

ReputationRep:
    Show them my winky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Yeah, do this OP. Real big emphasis on "sneak". If you get caught, you'll be chucked out.
    And you're screwed if Bruno sells out and they send people in to check tickets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.